During the Second World War, Jews mass killing which later known as Jews Genocide or Most known as Holocaust. Afterwards, Entire World and Specially, Jew community was in search that how any Genocide as stroke is happen and this is very crucial question, like after Holocaust, many people denied it as Mass killing of Jew and they urge it was happen after Night of Broken Glass incident, where a Young Jew killed well known Nazi.
This defence argument which actual hide millions of Jews killing and shape this offence as fury of Nazi community to Jews, which could be categorized as Human / Society Natural. Which again raise a question that Genocide is only possible after sudden event where two community may stand cross to each other, but it’s bitter truth that every Genocide throughout the world is a mass killing of minor community by rule community of that Country, Place, Region, etc…
A team of analysist, who study most of Genocide which occurred at different placed of the world and at different date-time, they found Genocide is not happen after certain incident but they categorized Genocide is a process which develops in eight steps that are predictable but not inexorable. Logically, later stages must be preceded by earlier stages. But all stages continue to operate throughout the process.
- CLASSIFICATION:Every part of the World is an example of diversity in their culture, language, religion, etc.. During this step, A Society have categories to distinguish people into “us and them” by ethnicity, race, religion, or nationality like during holocaust German and Jew , In Rwanda Hutu and Tutsi . Bipolar societies that lack mixed categories are the most likely to have genocide. If we can include two most known Genocide of India as 1984 sikh and 2002 Gujarat riots, at both places society was divided by consider Religion.
- SYMBOLIZATION: In this step, Rule Community of Society give names or other symbols to identify victim community by their colours, dress, religion, language, In Europe, Jews were identified with Yellow color star mark at their dress, while In Rwanda Identity Card was issued to Hutu while not to victim community Tutsis. During 1984, Sikhs Mans were identified with their look includes beard, moustache and dress especially turban. And, In 2002 Muslims were identified with their language.
- DEHUMANIZATION:In this step, One group denies the humanity of the other group. Members of it are equated with animals, vermin, insects or diseases. During Holocaust, Medical test were performed on Jews and In Rwanda, Tutsis were identified with Insect name cockroaches. Its in Human nature, that it could be emotionally difficult to killed one human by another and afterwards may possible that killer may goes in depression. But when victim group is consider as vermin that were less than human then Main Group citizen will not feel sorrow to kill them. In 1984 and 2002, to killed most victims were burned with vehicle tyre and during this genocide rule community group performed dance around them. This terror is only possible if target is not consider as human.
- ORGANIZATION:Genocide is always organized, usually by the state, often using militias to provide deniability of state responsibility (the Janjaweed in Darfur.) Sometimes organization is informal (Hindu mobs led by local RSS militants) or decentralized (terrorist groups.) Special army units or militias are often trained and armed. Plans are made for genocidal killings. In 1984 victim, accused congress party involvement in this Sikh riots and In 2002, it has been accused Modi state government for 2002 Gujarat riots.
- POLARIZATION:After any incident in Society, Main group start spread hate speeches against victim community. They use all broadcast medium to roar hatred messages in society. In Holocaust, Incident of Broken Glass Night, In Rwanda, When the President’s plane crashed, propaganda and media were used effectively and efficiently to blame the Tutsi’s. In 1984, Mrs. Indira Gandhi murder and In 2002, Sabarmati Express burn incident, spark the Genocide.
- PREPARATION:Victims are identified and separated out because of their ethnic or religious identity. Death lists are drawn up. Members of victim groups are forced to wear identifying symbols. Their property is expropriated. They are often segregated into ghettoes, deported into concentration camps, or confined to a famine-struck region and starved.
- EXTERMINATION: begins, and quickly becomes the mass killing legally called “genocide.” It is “extermination” to the killers because they do not believe their victims to be fully human. When it is sponsored by the state, the armed forces often work with militias to do the killing.
- DENIAL: is the eighth stage that always follows a genocide. It is among the surest indicators of further genocidal massacres. The perpetrators of genocide dig up the mass graves, burn the bodies, try to cover up the evidence and intimidate the witnesses. They deny that they committed any crimes, and often blame what happened on the victims. They block investigations of the crimes, and continue to govern until driven from power by force, when they flee into exile. In 1984 and 2002, riots most victims are still waiting for justice.
Analysist also said that each step of Genocide has prevent measurement which needs a state’s honesty to stop it.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.