Engineers, Dancers, Victors, And More- Synergy, Nitr

Posted by jisha
April 9, 2017

These days, engineers are no more the brand ambassadors of the geek community but rather have taken the stage to represent a dynamic segment of the Indian youth, with the zeal to try something new and to follow their passion with no regrets or fear whatsoever. SYNERGY, the dance club of NIT Rourkela, proved a similar point when they bagged the victors’ title at Terpsichore (Group Dance event), Pearl 2017, the annual cultural fest of BITS Pilani, Hyderabad Campus. The group consisted of nearly 30 members which travelled all the way from Odisha only to spell bound the audience and receive a full-house standing ovation from the spectators.

The competition was commendable, with well-known crews such as IIT Madras’s dance crew, Urja from Hansraj College, Live Wire Crew etc. But Synergy rocked the stage with an unusual “Halloween Party theme”, portrayed with foot-tapping and engaging collection of songs, impeccable energy and synchronization and most importantly, originality. It was the first time that “Captain Jack Sparrow” was seen flirting with “Harley Quin” and the scary “Valak” being outnumbered by “Mr. Bean”. The rendition of Michael Jackson’s Hit number “Thriller” was an instant hit with the audience as well as the judges at Hyderabad.

Synergy’s performance at IIT KGP’s Spring Fest 2016 was quite an extravaganza too with its “Circus Theme”. This performance had gained the crew a direct entry into Hip Hop International’s India Qualifiers in the Megacrew division. Synergy collaborated with Mavericks (another Dance club of NITR) and participated as SnM (Synergy & Mavericks) and went on to win the 2nd position at the competition. Even though the crew qualified for the main event which was held in Las Vegas, USA, it could not participate due to the lack of funds.

Since the past 3 years Synergy has never returned from any venture bare-handed.

2015-SRIJAN, Ism Dhanbad –Winners

2016-Springfest, IIT KGP- 1st Runners up

2017- Pearl, BITS Hyderabad- Winners

Synergy has received an invite to participate in the popular reality show Dance Plus for the second time in two years. The members of Synergy have justified their tagline “Engineered to Dance” with these applause worthy performances. This group of enthusiastic dancers has not only made their institute proud but have taken the whole of Odisha on a roll! Their video on YouTube has already crossed the 10k views milestone in less than 10 days! Wanna enjoy it too? Please click on the link below and subscribe for many more entertaining performances.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjhjZk-iVQ_riISL2vXRZuQ