(3) The Institute is approved by the AICTE, New Delhi.
(4) The Institute is affiliated to the State University.
(5) The Institute is recognized by the Director of State Technical Education Board.
(6) The fees are governed by The Fee Regulatory Committee of the State Government.
(7) The students are admitted through the Centralized Admission Committee of the State Government.
(8) The land is generally acquired from the State Government at a subsidized rate.
(9) The examinations are conducted by the affiliating University.
(10) The Degree is awarded by the affiliating University.
(11) AICTE provides grants for the Modernization of the Laboratories under MODROB scheme.
(12) AICTE provides grants to establish and run various Centers of Excellence /Activities.
(13) The accounts are audited by recognized Chartered Accountant and are submitted every year to the Charity Commissioner, affiliating University, AICTE, Director of State Technical Education Board.
(14) The Institute is member of various professional bodies like Indian Society for Technical Education, Computer Society of India, Institution of Engineers etc. and also get grants to organize seminars/workshops from them.
(15) The employees are members of EPFO for the Provident Fund.
(16) The employees members are insured for Gratuity with LIC of India.
(17) The employees are generally made member of Group Savings Linked Insurance of LIC of India.
(18) The Government reimburses fees of the poor students and the Girl Students admitted under Tuition Fee Waiver Scheme.
(19) The SC/ST students’ Tuition Fees and Hostel Fees are reimbursed by the State Government through the Institute.
(20) The employees are deputed for the election duty during State and Parliament elections.
(21) The Transporter gets subsidy in RTO Tax for the Transport Facility provided to the students for the buses/vehicles which are used exclusively for the Government Recognized Educational Institute.
(22) The Institute gets various tax exemptions/discounts while purchasing equipment, hardware, software, books for library, subscriptions to magazines, e-libraries etc.
(23) The appointment of teaching staff is as per AICTE Norms/State University Norms and interviews are conducted under the supervision of representatives appointed by the affiliating University and also the appointed teaching employees has to be recognized by the University Committee.
(24) The employees are allotted exam duties as supervisors/observers/squad members and also have to assess the answer sheets compulsorily as allotted by the Controller of Examinations of the affiliating University.
(25) In fact, the term Self-Financed Institute (SFI) itself is misnomer. These are Student-Financed Institutes because all the recurring expenses, especially the salary expenditures are financed by the students and hence the Fee Regulatory Committee governs the fees as per the strength and the quality of the teaching staff, infrastructure and other essential facilities.