This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Devesh Srivastava. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

A question on education system??

More from Devesh Srivastava

Today’s youth are getting literate day by day and year after year but have you ever wondered why is
the employment rate not increasing at the same level?
You might have seen many students and people who might have studied anything else throughout
their life and now their job is completely different?
Have you ever wondered whether you will be able to apply the knowledge what you have studied so
far?
Are you aiming to do a job just because of the job security and perks will you really enjoy doing that
work?
The way you are studying will it be ever creating any difference in society or adding anything worth
to you?
Are you doing the right thing you need to do to achieve your aim?
These set of questions might have come in your mind and they also keep striking my mind also. Well
frankly speaking its partially the fault of the education system and also of the students.
Our education system is not skill based. I believe that if you teach a man a skill, you enable him for a
lifetime. Knowledge is largely forgotten after the semester exam is over. Still year after year Indian
students focus on cramming information. The best crammers are rewarded by the system. This is
one of the fundamental flaws of our Indian system.
There is also the fault of students that apart from cramming information they should be focussing on
gaining practical knowledge and skills so that one can create something, solve a real life problem and
innovate the society.
There is one more problem that when people just cram the information, they are not able to apply
their knowledge, they just cram it and forget after the semesters that’s why they opt for jobs which
are completely different from their field. Our education system rarely rewards that deserves highest
academic accolades. Deviance is discouraged. Risk taking is mocked. Our testing and marking
systems need to be built to recognize original contributions, in form of creativity, problem solving ,
variable original research and innovation. If we could do this successfully Indian education system
would have changed overnight.
Memorizing is no learning, the biggest flow in our education system is perhaps it incentivizes
memorizing above originality .Students also have become the product of this education system and
their mentality has also become like this. Everybody wants to run in a rat race but at the end of the
race you will understand that you are still a rat. Nobody dares to do anything out of the box because
everybody wants security. I agree that randomly taking risk is wrong but we should take calculated
risks and that is essential for our future and also of the mankind.
There has been no innovation in the education system since the last 150 years. During British rule,
they introduced education system in India to create clerks and civil servants, and we have not
deviated much from that pattern till today.
Don’t you think with so much innovation going on in the technology there should also be innovation
in education system to meet the industrial needs.
Apart from the academicians, we need entrepreneurs and innovators who can completely disrupt
this system and reframe it for the betterment of the socie

More from Devesh Srivastava

By HRD Kotik

By NeelR32

By Jay