This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Anasuya kumari. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

breaking stereotypes on world blood donor day

It’s common that every Organization in the Blood Donation Sector and Student Group organizes a Blood Donation Camp on World Blood Donor Day, but this Bangalore Based Social Startup is doing something different targeting the Youth Force of India. Let’s see what this Social Startup did on June 14, 2017.

World ‘Khoon’ Donor Day

To know the value of happiness, one should have experienced sorrow. And that is exactly what Chethan M Gowda, the founder of ‘Khoon’ experienced in his life. What loss can be greater, than the loss of a teacher? The answer to this question lies behind the kind of pain which Mr. Gowda went through, which lead to him to start the organization ‘Khoon’, which was launched on 11th September 2016, to solve the problem of blood donations in India.

June 14, 2017. It was a normal day to almost all the people. But not for ‘Khoon’. Because it was ‘World Blood Donor Day’ and the excitement for the organization’s volunteer was tremendous. It was a big day that day as three to four projects were to be launched. At 10:30 A.M, in the auditorium of Surana Independent P.U College, the auspicious day was started by lighting the lamp from the Principal of Surana College, Mrs. Kusuma Kumari. Then, Ms. Varsha Ravikumar, one among the core volunteers of the organization, started off with the introduction of ‘Khoon’. Later on, the founder, Mr. Gowda started with the presentation about how and why the organization was started and so on.

After a while, some of the volunteers from Khoon performed a skit. Although the script was written in such a way so as to bring laughter in the auditorium at the beginning, towards the end of the skit, the audience were touched because of the message it conveyed about the importance of blood and blood donation. This led to fifty students to pledge to donate when they turn eighteen. In addition, they also pledge to convince their parents and neighbors to donate blood.

Chethan Gowda stated “Awareness and bringing out a sense of social responsibility is what matters more than convincing the same group of people to take up the responsibilities of solving a problem every time”,  in an Interview at a Radio Station.

Few Students of Surana College form the outline of Human Blood Drop on World Blood Donor Day to show support to Khoon Organization which is working on to solve the problem of Blood Shortage In India

Last but not the least, the graceful day ended by the human blood drop outline formation by some of the students who had gathered for the event.

Let’s Join Hands with the youth-led army of students striving to solve the crisis of blood in India.

More from Anasuya kumari

By siksha education

By Mark Twain

By Bharat Sutar