CBI raid on NDTV’s Prannoy Roy, how national media became politically correct

Posted by Sayantan Ghosh
June 5, 2017

People of India know that none of the media organizations are unbiased. Every media corporation has a rivalry with the other.

But, on Monday when CBI raided NDTV co-founder Prannoy Roy’s residence, the India media showed a very politically correct picture.

The first tweet came on the ANI(Asian News Agency). After the news was broke, for around one hour most of the media were not covering the news as they do.

https://twitter.com/ANI_news/status/871585744619356160

It was not a breaking news in any other media website or channel.

The Hindu covered the first article, just giving the basic information.

The same was followed by the Indian Express and Hindustan Times.

The Scroll did a better coverage of the case. They explained various aspects of the case and also included CBI spokesperson’s quote.

Outlook looked at everything and just wrote two sentences.

Surprisingly, when the Twitter was on fire debating the reason’s of the case, the Times of India did not cover the case at all.

The reality of Indian media is becoming so poor that to cover every news they look into the market and try to be politically correct. It is absurd to believe that, media houses did not want to cover the case. But they wanted to show that they are politically correct.

This case shows the real picture of Indian media. Why the raid happened can be debated but how the national media covered it was alarming.