Earn knowledge by reading current affairs 2017

Posted by Pooja Jain
June 1, 2017

NOTE: This post has been self-published by the author. Anyone can write on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Current Affairs are very important. And every should know about it. Current affairs are not only for scoring more marks in the competitive exams like SSC, PO & Clerk Exam, IAS but also it enhances the knowledge. Even, it can help in any quiz competitions. During Interview, the current affairs can be asked. So In the series of Current Affairs 2017, Here Current Affairs of May 2017 are listed below, so read them out-

1. Global Mobile Internet Conference

On 27th April 2017, The Exhibition of Global Mobile Internet Conference held in the capital of China that is Beijing. This event is held in Beijing and Silicon Valley every year. The Entrepreneurs, Developers, Mobile Executives and Investors from all the world come in GMIC every year.

2. French’s New President

Pro-European centrist Emmanuel Macron was elected as next French President. Mr Macron ages 39 years old was an Investment Banker. He is the country’s youngest ever leader. Macron had won between 65.5 % and 66.1 % ballots.

3. Mumbai, Chennai placed in top tourist destinations

Mumbai and Chennai are placed among the top 20 tourist destinations in Asia Pacific region. The rankings are based on the total number of international overnight arrivals and number of nights spent at each destination. For it, the Mastercard Asia Pacific Destinations Index 2017 was used. Bangkok has topped the list of 171 destinations across 22 countries.

4. New Premier Train: Tejas Express

Indian Railway has launched a new premier train “Tejas Express” between Mumbai and Goa. This train is with state of the art facilities. It comprises chair cars and executive class. The coaches of Tejas Express are equipped with 22 new features including smoke detection, suppression system. According to the budget, the Tejas Express Services will also be provided on Delhi-Chandigarh route.

5. MP, first state to change Financial Year

The state government of Madhya Pradesh has changed the financial year from April-March to January-December. And Madhya Pradesh has become the first state to do so.  India had adopted the April-March financial year in 1867. So this move of MP Government has broken  150-year tradition. NITI Aayog is also thinking to change the financial year in all over India.

6. Launching of South Asia Satellite

India’s GSLV (Geosynchronous Satellite Launch Vehicle) had successfully launched the South Asia Satellite (GSAT-9) on 5th May 2017. It weighed 2230 kgs. Firstly. it was named SAARC Satellite but later India rejected Pakistan offers and then it named as South Asia Satellite. This satellite is to provide a variety of communication services all over South Asia Region.

These are the main and important current affairs 2017 of May Month. Hope you like it and you have got a good knowledge. Have a nice day and keep continue to earn knowledge.