US today (June 1, 2017) and its impact

Posted by Johann George
June 2, 2017

I am speaking in first person because it is only my opinion that matters that the whole world needs to know after what i have witnessed and heard from sources, news and the people around.

Trump was elected President of  the United States over Hillary Clinton in the November 2016 elections and took charge since January 2017. So many public votes from celebrities favored Hillary and ever since Trump was elected President. the whole world favored Hillary. Ever since that day, there was a lot of backlash regarding the decision to put you as president.

As a Democratic Supporter and Hillary Clinton supporter, yes, my money was on Hillary. The minute I heard that Trump was elected president, there is always that inner part of me that wants to stand with the people that were not in favor of Trump but I kept it to myself to wait for that one day, which is today.

Right after he was sworn in as President of USA, Trump issued an executive order banning the admission of immigrants from seven predominantly Muslim countries. The order was imposed without warning and took effect immediately; the measure caused chaos at many airports, with consecutive days of mass protest afflicting major airports in the United States.

Again I kept quiet about this because the outcome was exactly what I expected, the federal court blocked its implementation. In early March 2017, Trump issued a revised order into law, which excluded Iraq, gave specific exemptions for permanent residents, no priorities for religious minorities (e.g. Christian refugees) and a week was given to implement legislation. As of today I don’t know what is happening regarding the issue but I am least concerned because it does not affect me.

Then came the biggest news that could change the fate of America. Donald Trump made his decision of pulling out of the Paris Agreement believing that climate change is not a major concern. Looking at Syria and Nicaragua’s perspective(who also pulled out) their reasons were very solid and evident. No one has any reason to argue on Syria and Nicaragua pulling out with those countries themselves thinking of better solution for their people.

Trump decision to pull out of the Paris Agreement has faced backlash and does not make any sense and does not have a very valid reason or backing for the decision.

All Trump said after the decision was, “I was elected to represent the citizens of Pittsburgh, not Paris.”

The Mayor of Pittsburgh immediately responded on Twitter with a reminder that 80% of his city’s voters favored Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election, and wrote: “As the Mayor of Pittsburgh, I can assure you that we will follow the guidelines of the Paris Agreement for our people, our economy & future.”

Former President Barack Obama said of Trump’s decision: “Even as this Administration joins a small handful of nations that reject the future, I’m confident that our states, cities, and businesses will step up and do even more to lead the way, and help protect for future generations the one planet we’ve got.”Obama also stated that America is no longer a leader on climate change.

According to Arnold Schwarzenegger, Former Governor of California, who was not in favor of Donald Trump as President said that the reason for the booming US economy till today was passing of very strict environment rules. This was for the people’s greater good.

He was right, that happened during the time when Arnold was running as governor. He also directed a message to Trump saying “As a President, the first and most important responsibility is to protect the people.”

So the big question, Is Donald Trump, the US president making a decision for the people.

I say you are not doing any favors for the majority of America the minute you became president. I think you should go back to being the host of Celebrity Apprentice and stay there.

From what I have heard, He want to run for president for his second term.  If he attempts to reverse the decision of the Paris Agreement in the near future, consider that the only good he has done in his first term run and he does not deserve a second chance or a second term as president.

As for the people who are reading this, do you believe on this future for USA?