Well played green jerseys! You deserved it.

Posted by Niveda Radhakrishnan
June 19, 2017

India, South Africa, England or AustraliaThis was the confidant predictions as the Champions Trophy winners from most of the popular heads of the cricket fraternity.

Just like the millions of others, I too hoped that we would have a blistering and electrifying final of India vs England with the men in blue lifting the trophy yet again.

Pakistan was surely a surprise to all. Shocking to some and pleasant to some.

Their journey didn’t start well.

They came into the Champions Trophy ranked 8. In their very first match they lost of a huge margin to the men in blue.

They were criticized. For their continuous string of looses against India. For the skipper’s English.

They were not given the recognition they deserved. From a team who can’t play international cricket at home. From being labeled as an underdog team to the endless trolls.

They showed it to the world. That it is a game and they were good at it.

Pakistan deserved this trophy.

It was not luck. It was definitely not a fixation. It was their hard work. They batted well. They bowled well. They fielded well.

They ended their long losing streak to India. And boy! what a way to end it.

In one of the popular grounds of England, with the sea of blue dominating the green in the stands, with everyone waiting for India to lift the trophy once again, 11 men have clearly shown what an ‘underdog’ team can do.

The lowest ranking team defeated the defending champions.

And that would be a inspirational tale that the Pakistan cricket would remember for ages.

-an Indian fan