This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Vinitha PU. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Why You Will Never Be Ready To Start Your Own Business

More from Vinitha PU

I am not ready.” “I will wait until I have more of x” or “I am working on my business plan.” I often hear these words from aspiring entrepreneurs. However, in reality, these will never materialise into actionable plans.

True budding entrepreneurs are go-getters as they don’t wait for tomorrow but take action today. But the entrepreneurs who only aspire, constantly look to find reasons to avoid taking risks when looking to start their own business.

It’s for this reason that many great ideas actually never get executed, and I, for one, have been responsible for such failures. “I had that idea five years ago,” is something I hear typically when a new company starts to gain momentum. But an idea is just an idea! An idea without execution has no value. Therefore, don’t be too hard on yourself when you find out that someone else has executed your idea and achieved success. It’s a hard pill to swallow! You don’t want to have regrets in life as you only have one chance at it. What is the worse that can happen?

Don’t get me wrong. I am not saying you should drop everything and take the biggest risk of your life. However, what I am saying is that you need to take calculated risks in order to achieve success in life. By calculated risks, I mean take count of what you can do today to make tomorrow a better place for you and your family.

You live in an era where starting a business has never been easier! The opportunities are endless and a large part of the world’s population is now accessible to you and your business. This means that you have access to billions of potential customers who are waiting for innovative and exciting products or services to be offered to them. Do you have the next business idea that will fulfil the needs and desires of these potential customers? If so, you need to take action today.

The longer you delay in executing your idea, the more likely it is that someone else will take your place! At which point it might just be a little too late.

I was inspired to write this article after reading a very interesting blog post titled ‘How I Ended Up Opening My Own Fishing Tackle Shop’. The author is Admir Rusidovic, a digital consultant at WebProjectUK in Manchester, England.

Admir explains how a near-death experience changed his view on life. At the young age of 20 and just one week into his new university life, Admir developed severe pneumonia and meningitis. As both illnesses attacked he almost died. It was this unbelievable and unfortunate experience which changed his life forever.

“The reason I decided to include this story is because it played a very important part in my future. I decided that life has to be lived day by day as you just don’t know what tomorrow will bring.” This is what he wrote and it’s this paragraph that inspired me to write this article.

Following this near-death experience, Admir went on to open his fishing tackle shop which was his dream from a young age. He was also a runner-up in a Manchester business enterprise competition as well as being featured in the book, ‘The Smarta Way To Do Business’. The book also included some of the biggest names in the business such as Peter Jones, Theo Paphitis, Duncan Bannatyne, Doug Richard and many more.

The moral of the story is: had he not experienced the other side of life he might have never fulfilled his desires, ideas and ambitions. This does not mean you should wait for something dramatic to happen in your life, before starting your new business venture. However, you should use this story to inspire you to do more today rather than tomorrow. Since you and I don’t know what tomorrow will bring.

More from Vinitha PU

By Prakash koli