My Pinkathon Story

Posted by Pinkathon India
July 17, 2017

“I am Pragya Singh and I’m a part of an NGO called Atijeevan Foundation in Bangalore which provides help and support to acid attack survivors. I ran my first Pinkathon in Bangalore earlier this year. I had a lot of doubts in my head because I didn’t know if I would be able to actually run a marathon followed by the constant thoughts of “will people judge me when they see me running?”. At the beginning of the run, I did feel a little bit of panic set in because I knew I was different than the others and that was scary. But when I started looking around, I saw that everyone at the run was different in their own way and that put me at ease. I felt so inspired by the visually impaired #PinkSisters, the baby wearing mommies and the cancer survivors who were running with us. I ran the Bangalore Pinkathon to get over my own doubts and hesitations, but I ran the Chennai Pinkathon because I wanted to motivate other girls like me to run. They too had the same doubts that I once had. But I kept telling them that there was nothing to be worried about and that we would be running for a good cause. Moreover, I kept reminding them that we would be running for ourselves. I wrote that I wanted to leave ‘hesitation’ behind on the back of my bib because it had kept me from living my life to the fullest. It affected the other girls too and I wanted us to take a step towards becoming more confident than before and Pinkathon Chennai helped us do just that.”