Obesity can be Cured, Know how to defeat it

Posted by Sayesha Nayar
July 18, 2017

Obesity is a condition where a person accumulates so much of body fat that it starts to affect his/her health. It not only affects the health of the sufferer but and his mind and behaviour. If a person’s body weight is 20% higher than it should be then the person is considered as obese. If the BMI of a person is 25 and 30, the person is considered as overweight but if BMI exceeds 30, then the person is considered as Obese. A normal person should have the BMI from 18.5 to 25.

Obesity is defined as the excess of adipose tissues, a tissue which stores fats. A fat cell is an endocrine cell and adipose tissue is an endocrine organ. Adipose tissue secretes a number of products, including metabolites, cytokines, lipids, and coagulation factors among others. So, excess adiposity or obesity causes increased levels of circulating fatty acids and inflammation. Currently, Over 5% of population of India is suffering with morbid obesity.

But Obesity is curable, with the help of various lifestyle changes and in severe cases, surgery.

Healthy Lifestyle Changes

It’s important to eat the right amount of calories to maintain healthy weight. If you need to reduce weight, one step is to limit your daily calorie intake. Talk to a doctor or a nutritionist to make an appropriate Diet plan.

Many health benefits are associated with physical activity and getting the recommended amount of physical activity needed each week. Physical activity is an important factor in determining whether a person can maintain a healthy body weight, lose excess body weight, or maintain successful weight loss. You can also join local gyms to maintain a strict and orderly routine.

Your doctor may recommend you enroll in individual or group behavioral weight-loss programs to treat your overweight and obesity. In these programs, a trained healthcare professional will customize a weight-loss plan for you. This plan will include a moderately-reduced calorie diet, physical activity goals, and behavioral strategies to help you make and maintain these lifestyle changes.

Medicines and Surgeries are the last options and are only performed on severe cases. It includes weight loss surgery, Bariatric surgery and many more but these since these surgeries are not a play so they need to be performed by experts only. Dr. Anirudh Vij , one of the topmost Bariatric Surgeon in India holds record in most successful obesity curing surgeries. He has also quoted that ‘if it’s good to lose something; that is WEIGHT, get back to your original shape and regain the long lost confidence’

Also there are several medicines available in the market. One of the medicine changes the way the brain regulates the urge to eat, which can significantly help in reducing the appetite and eventually the weight. Orlistat is the sole medicine which blocks the intestines from absorbing the fat from foods, forcing the body to use the deposited fat in the body.

Weight loss medicines are not recommended as a single treatment for weight loss. These medicines can help you lose weight but when combined with lifestyle changes may result in greater weight loss. Some of these medicines should not be used if you have certain conditions or are taking certain medications as it can have some severe side effects.

Article Source