Quest And Chaos Of Our Relationships

Posted by shahamat Hussain
July 6, 2017

Glittering social media platforms have changed the definition of relationships. In the generation of Tinder, we have forgotten to value our relationship. The online social media has open in numerous ways to find people like you but there is always a better choice. The continuous chain of relationships and lifestyle youngster lead have given more importance to one night stands, more than friendship relationships but less than lovers or just relationships with an expiry date.

The bond and feeling in a relationship had become more Public Display of Affection. Your personal life is no more personal. In the continuous chain of Date, break up and Repeat the idea of love has become more ‘Vulnerable’. There is always one person who will like you for the person you are. But, somehow in amidst of all this, the charm of ‘holding on to a relationship and working on it has disappeared’.

In the quest for ‘the one’ are we exploiting ourselves? Maybe we have got the one and let him/her go because we could not work on that relationships. We saw problems more than the love we had. Blame it on the social media platforms but the truth is every break up is making you shallow bit by bit. The insecurities are growing and we are becoming more self-indulgent than working on the relations we have.

It’s not just about the romantic relationship we have with our partners. it also hampers our best friends, families and relatives. We are becoming intolerant towards our associations.

You upload a selfie of yours and you get responses from two hundred people on how good you look. The likes on Instagram and Facebook is the new validation for our identities. These are making you shallow. It’s making you think that if your relationship does not work out there is always a chance to find better. The number of followers you have defines what status you hold. However, the question is are you the same person what you portray in social media?

The way people have started reacting on social media is gross. You have an opinion on everything and anything but we have forgotten that our reactions are making people hurt. There is internet bullying, fat shaming and rape threats which are becoming common. “I am not on tinder. I got a call from my friend asking me why I am on tinder. She sent me screen shots and I found that somebody is using my pictures on Tinder. It took a lot of time to convince her that account does not belong to me” says Karan Mehta. Fake identities and profiles are also common in social media platforms.

Is it the time we stop and reflect on the relationships? Should we start working on it and start solving the issues rather than jumping on to another relationship. Communication can solve problems and if it does not there is always an option of a breakup. It’s high time that we stop looking for that one being in a relationship already. We all have problems that can be solved. We need to stop exploiting our emotions and start bettering ourselves rather than blaming and expecting a lot. Life is not a movie and there are very less “happily ever after” or may be none. We need to make our love life happier and stop and rethink “why I am looking for the one?”. If you are single, try harder but opt for a relationship which makes you a better person.