Role of judiciary in mob lynching

Posted by Muhammad Ammar Aftab
July 1, 2017

“Jo jurm karte hain wo itne bure bhi nahi hote

Sazaa na dekar unko adaalat bigad deti hai”
As much I remember it was started with Mohsin Sheikh, IT professional of Pune who was lynched by Shivsena workers and Hindu Sena.
The Bombay High court granted bail to accused and said that it was not a serious crime and Mohsin’s relegious identity provoke them.
And now it is a new normal in “new India”.
Same with​ the case of dadri, lynching accused of dadri are on bail and when one of them died due to kidney failure (some reports said because of dengue), his coffin was draped in tricolor and FIR was registered against victim’s family for slaughtering calf.
No concrete progress seems in other cases too.
Most of the lynching cases are from Rajasthan, Jharkhand, Haryana and Maharashtra.
If atleast in one case these lynchers get punishment then definitely we can see reduction in number of cases but both police and judiciary and the whole system including Government, Beuracracy, Media and citizens of Republic of India are mute spectator of these lynchings.