Why the co ed system in india needs a change?

Posted by Simar Kalra
July 18, 2017

The title seems to be a bit confusing,doesn’t it? Being on youth ki awaaz,in this 21 st century, should not we all promote the co-ed system.. Absolutely,I agree but I feel the present co ed system should no longer be followed.why so? Because we are actually following the same principles and just giving it the name of co education..Today suddenly out of now where I realised yes I am student of co ed school my school in saharanpur city of uttar Pradesh talks about progressive education but still I hardly new anything about the girls in my class except their names ,not because I didn’t want to know but because talking to girls in my so called progressive school was seen as something suspicious..The moment you start talking to a female student you are in eyes of all the teachers ,they will crack a lame joke like itni baten Han to jao uske sath Beth jao…Or like maa baap ne school me ye krne bheja h..Today I realised even after spending so many years with all those females in my class I hardly know about them,this is the gift my co ed school gave me..I will conclude by saying Han mere maa baap ne mujhe acha insan banne h school bheja h r ladkiyon se bat krne se ya unhe dost bnane se main bura insan nhn banunga.