Hello YouthKiAwaaz Reader,
Here in this post, I am sharing few interesting Facts about our Indian Post Office. I hope you all will like this and feel proud on India Post Office.
- India has the world’s biggest postal system with more than 1.5 Lac post workplaces crosswise over India. An Average of 7175 populace is being served through a solitary Post station. Indian Post has a background marked by 200+ years. It appeared in April, 1744. We are introducing here 15 Interesting realities about Indian Post Office which you have not heard off.
- Not at all like other real government bureaus of India, Department of Posts doesn’t have a different service characterized for itself. All its working goes under Ministry of Communication and Information Technology.
- Chandragupta Maurya was the First Indian Emperor to be delineated on an Indian Postal Stamp.
- Travancore State (An Ancient Indian State) has its very own postal administration named Anchal.
- Hikkim Postal Office, Himanchal Pradesh is the world’s most astounding Post Office station area at a tallness of 15,500 feet above ocean level.
- All Postal Index Number (PIN’s) beginning with 9 are implied for Indian Army Post Offices.
- Indian Postal Department have a sub-office called RLO – Returned Letter Office where all letters which are undelivered or come back to sender are being brought.
- The conveyance of a letter you have posted can be ceased under an administration of Indian Postal Department called Recall of Postal Article.
- There are aggregate of 19101 PIN CODES in India and 154725 Post Offices Across India
- Indian Post Office Employees more than 4.5 Lac individuals crosswise over India.
- To start with skimming Post Office of India was introduced in August, 2011 in Dal Lake, Srinagar
- To start with Post Office with just ladies representatives was opened up in Delhi in March, 2013
- Dakshin Gangotri Post Office situated in Antartica was the principal Indian Post office being setup outside Indian Territory in the year 1983.
- India turned into the individual from Universal Postal Union in the year 1876.
- The primary effective postal framework in India existed in fourteenth Century and it went to its stature amid sixteenth Century under Mughal Emperor Akbar.
- A letter is charged twofold the inadequacy in the event that it is posted without postage and the sum will be gathered from the recipient on the off chance that he consents to pay or else it would be gathered from the Sender (just on the off chance that on the off chance that he can be followed back).
India Post Office Recruitment 2017
Indian post office has announced job opening in their recent recruitment notification. Aspirants who are willing to get recruited in Indian postal recruitment can apply online on official website.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.