Ambition to read .. Right or a Dream ??

Posted by maadhvi
August 18, 2017

As like other people , I am too engaged in my personal and professional life . Work for 5 days and then wait for a weekend . In our fast pace life , whenever I have seen kids who are selling some stuff for as low as rs 5 or 10 . I wondered whether they are interested to read or not .

Today when I was walking on one of the most famous area (Connaught Place) of Delhi, I got stuck with two kids . They were trying to sell pen to me , As my habit I offered them to eat whatever they wish . The excitement for a burger was clearly visible in their eyes . IceCream worked like cherry on the cake. In my way I asked them , if they are in school , and then I came to know those little children used to travel from train to sell pen and to earn a max of 350.  One of them had gone to school till 2nd but his little brother even have not attended nursery .

He was excited when I asked whether he would like to study . At the same time when I was asking them this , one other kid show up and asked me Didi ap padogi kya . main aur bhi bacche bula sakta hu ( Didi will you teach , I can call some other kids too) and to my surprise when I said ok , he asked y only weekend can’t you come on weekdays too . Which copy I need to bring ? Only 2 hours you will teach . What all we will learn ? etc..

This was the moment , I realised very basic right of education , in our country is the most possessed dream of our country kids . And I felt shameful for all those years for all the excuses I have made . It’s time for a change .

So now I have decided I will start my work .Work to give these kids a hope that they can learn more in life ,they can step forward too . Alone it would be difficult for me but I am hopeful I will come across with people who can join hands in this amazing task . As I can’t be the only one who feel that their smile is precious 🙂