Contest of Prestige – Ganpati

Posted by Vishal Wakchaure
August 28, 2017

“Ganesh festival” – A Festival of Lord Ganesha. This ‘Sarvajanik Ganesh Utsav’ was first started by Balgangadhar Tilak in Pune, to bring people together to celebrate the unity and to improve on fight against British in pre-independent India. The motive was well served at that time. People gathered to celebrate this festival of lord of wisdom, beginnings and the remover of Obstacles.
Slowly time changed, so this festival. Ganesh Mandals were getting formed, and under everybody’s cognizant, slowly a contest is emerged. A contest of prestige. Eventually this festival has now become more or less a celebrated loudness, overrated glamorous decorations and crowd catching celebrities.

Amidst of all these we all are losing the true purpose of this festival. The purpose was to get together as one, but now we all have our own Ganpati and we are trying to prove how my Ganpati is better than yours.

This video of mine, is trying to depict the small portion of the whole story, where people are worshiping lord Ganesha and in real world they don’t even give attention to needy, hungry people on street, or even misbehave, humiliate them.
We are tried to show that, god is in everyone. God don’t see person’s look, wealth or how hard he worship him, but how pure his mind/soul is, how sensitive he/she is for other beings.

Please watch this, and share with your friends.