how Long Indian Muslim would be labeled and Suspected As Pakistani

Posted by Muzakir Choudhury
August 11, 2017

After 70 years of independence, Partition is still blamed for Muslim. It is true that India was partition in 1947 due to Muslim League’s demand for a separate State for Muslim and there is no denying the fact that the Muslim League was able to mobilize hue mass of Muslim in favour of its demand. But it is also true that there are large section of Muslim and their organization that are strongly against any division of India. In the words of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad “The very term Pakistan goes against my grain. It suggests that some portions of the world are pure while other is impure. Such a division of territories into pure and impure is un-Islamic and repudiation of the very spirit of Islam. Islam recognizes no such division and the Prophet says,” God has made the whole world a mosque for me” (India Wins freedom by A K azad p. 150)

Partition took place on the basis of Two- Nation theory, Hindu and Muslim State. It is a brainchild of Hindutva brigade rather than Muslim; they borrowed heavily from the Hindutva school of thought.

Lajpat Rai (1865-1928), a renowned leader simultaneously of Congress, Hindu Mahasaba and Arya Samaj he was more articulate in summarising Two- Nation theory in 1924. He wrote:

Under my scheme the Muslim will have four Muslim States :(1) The Pathan Province of the North Western Frontier (2) Western Punjab (3) Sind and(4) Eastern Bengal. If there are compact Muslim communities in any other part of India, sufficiently large to form of Province, theu should be similarly constituted. But it should be distinctly understood that this is not united India. It means a clear partition of India into a Muslim India and Non- Muslim India

[ Rai, Lala Lajpat “Hindu -Muslim Problem XI”, The Tribune, Lahore, December 14,1924,p.8]

Same way V D Savarkar propagates Two -Nation Theory. While delivering the Presidential address to the 19th session of Hindu Mahasaba at Ahmedabad in 1937, Savarkar unequivocally declared,

as it is, there are two antagonistic nation living side by side in India, several infantile politicians commit the serious mistake in supposing that India is already welded into a harmonious nation, or that it could be welded thus for the mere to do so. These were well meaning but unthinking friends who take their dreams for realities… Let us bravely face unpleasant facts as they are. India cannot be assumed today to be a unitarian and homogenous nation, but on the contrary there are two nations in the main : the Hindus and Muslims, in India

Savarkar V.D., Samagra Savarkar Wangmaya :Hindu Rastra Darshan,

[Collected works of Savarkar in English] vol6, Maharastra Hindu Saba, Poona, 1963, p. 296

B R Ambedhkar criticised Jinnah and Savarkar for two nation theory. He wrote,

Strange as it may appear, Mr Savarkar and Mr.Jinnah insted of being opposed to each other on the one nation verses two nations issue are in complete agreement about it. Both agree, not only agree but insist that there are two nations in India -one the Muslim nation and the other Hindu nation. They differ only as regards the terms and conditions on which the two nation must live.

[ B.R.Ambedkhar, Pakistan or the Partition of India, Government of Maharashtra, Bombay, 1990 (reprint of 1946 edition), p.142.]

However, large section of the Muslim and their organisation are against partition. Name of the organisation are:

Jamait Ulama -e-Hind, Momin Conference, Majlis-e- Ahrar-e-Islam

All India Muslim Majlis, Krishak Praja Party Bengal, Anjuman -e-Watan(Baluchistan), Khudai Khidmatgar and Azad Muslim Conference and some province had bound to go Pakistan. Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan chief Minister of North Western Frontier Province was partition of India. His province bound to go Pakistan. He told Gandhi in June 1947 after a Congress Working Committee meeting, ” We Pathan stood by you and had undergone great sacrifices for attaining freedom. But you have now deserted us and thrown us to the wolves “( Khan Abdul Ghaffar khan, Words of Freedom ; Ideas of a nation, Penguin Delhi,2010, p 41). He was only person to whom give Bharat Ratna for patriotism, unity and integrity by the Indian government. Same thing happened by Punjab. Ishatique Ahmed in his seminal work on the partition of Punjab wrote:

It must be be stressed that the decision to partition the Punjab was taken not by Punjabi masses or even their elite, but at the central level, by the colonial government at Delhi, the high commands of the Indian National Congress and the Muslim League ( Ahmed, Ishtique, The Punjab Bloodied, Partition and cleansed, Rupa, Delhi p.xxxv)

However, why large section of the Muslim and their organisation failed to stop the partition of India in spite of so much efforts. It is due to three factors. Firstly British Ruler was bent upon dividing India. Secondly Muslim League wanted to separate state for Muslim and thirdly Congress approved for the partition of India. Maulana Azad described this in the following way:

The AICC met on 14 June 1947, I have attended many meeting of AICC but this is one of the strangest sessions that it was my misfortune to attend. Congress which had always fought for the unity and Independence of India was now considering an official resolution for the dividing the country Pandit Govind Ballabh Pant moved the resolution and after Sardar Patel and Jawaharlal spoke on it, Gandhiji had to intervene. It was impossible for me to tolerate this abject Surrender on the part of the Congress (India Wins Freedom by A K Azad p, 214)

In other place he said:

I was surprised that Patel was now an even greater supporter of the two nation theory than Jinnah. Jinnah may raise the flag of partition but now the real flag bearer was Patel. (India Wins Freedom by A K Azad p.201)

So, India was partition in 1947 but Indian Muslim are still blamed for that and even suspected for Pakistani spy and sometimes Indian Muslim are labeled as Pakistani. We don’t go to Pakistan because we love this country and stand firm against partition. In words of Great poet Amir Khusrow:

Agar firdaus bar roo-e zameen ast,

Hameen ast-o hameen ast-o hameen ast.

If there is a paradise on earth, it is this, it is this, and it is this.

And in the words of urdu poet Manwar Rana:

न जन्नत मैंने देखी न जन्नत की तवक्को है

मगर मैं ख़ाब में इस मुल्क़ का नक्शा बनाता हूँ

मुझे अपनी वफादारी पे कोई शक नहीं होता

मैं खूंने दिल मिला देता हूँ जब झण्डा बनाता हूँ

PLEASE PUBLISHED IT BEFORE 15 AUGUST