Something that comes as easy as playing handball is the game of volleyball. When you go to a beach, beach volleyball is the game that is enjoyed the most with friends and families. It is a simple game that can be played between two people or two groups for fun. If you want to take it professionally, you need to learn the tricks and rules of playing it right now. You will learn it fast and appropriately if you follow the volleyball rules and regulations step-by-step.
Here’s the deal before you know the rules
- You need to have a team of six which should be a combination of three front row and three back row
- You will need a libero player who is also called a back row player or a defensive specialist. To differentiate from the rest of the team, he or she can wear a different color jersey
The rules that one needs to be aware of
- The Court (Rule 1): To play the game of volleyball, you need to have the right court prescribed. Volleyball court measurement is not complex and one can easily set this up. The Width is 30 feet and the length is 60 feet. The net should measure 30 feet by 30 feet on each side. Cosco has some of the best quality volleyball nets that you can choose from. Once the ground is set, you are ready to attack your opponents.
- The Game (Rule 2): A Volleyball game begins with a serve. There will be a server who does it from the end of the court as long as the feet of the server don’t cross the line. If we date back to the history of Volleyball, the ball when served shouldn’t touch the net and reach the opponent team. The catch is that it doesn’t matter anymore as long as the ball crosses the net.
- The Attack (Rule 3): When answering the serve, you need to follow the sequence of the attack and that is a bump, set and spike. The sequence has been named differently now. It is known as pass, set and hit. One person cannot hit the ball twice in the sequence. If done, soon you will be out of the court.
- Change of Position (Rule 4): Every time, you get the ball back to your court, each of the team members has to rotate anti-clockwise. If this trick is not mastered, it can get really over the head and you won’t be fruitful enough for the team. Getting this right is absolutely important.
That’s not all
You need to know the scoring pattern as well. Here’s how it work.
The game will be played up to 25 points which was initially 20. A team has to win two games out of three. The offender team will score on every miss by the defender or out of bounds hit while the defender team will score on every miss by the offender, out of bounds hit or if the serve hits the net.
All the upcoming volleyball players can learn the rules and be the master of the court in future.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.