Lets be honest. We have all considered buying amazon’s prime membership at some point during the past year. Many must have considered buying it during the prime-day sale with which came a huge rise in the prime members of amazon. With this post I am going to tell you some hidden features of prime membership also I am going to list out some of its drawbacks , so that you can make a wise decision.
Plese note that I am not sponsored by amazon , I have just been using amazon prime for over 4 months now.
- The first pro(s) are the basic ones which everyone knows about like discounted same day delivery , free next day delivery , amazon prime video and lightening deals. You are getting that no matter what. But lets talk about what else do we have in amazon prime.
- Access to unlimited storage for your photos on prime photo. Yes , your read that right. Many of the prime owner’s dont know about this. All you have to do is install the app and enjoy the unlimited storage.Here is the link for Prime photos.
- Sales like the recent “prime day sale” are going to be organised at least once if not twice a year. You can save a lot by making purchases from that sale.
- Being honest , there were not a lot of cons that I could find in the prime membership but still to list a few. I think Amazon prime video is not worth it at this point. But with new high budget shows like “Inside-edge” coming into picture , the story is ought to change.
- Still lacking a lot of features when compared to other countries. There are a lot of features that are only available in countries like USA and Canada. As it has been a long time since Amazon prime was introduced in India. It is high time for Amazon.com to introduce all the features like “Amazon Music”,”Kindle lending library”,”Early access to upcoming books” in India.
I have tried to review the amazon prime membership to the best of my ability. On a personal note I think at 500RS for a year , the membership is worth it. But it may cost you a little more when you renew and when you have enjoyed one year of prime you will get used to it and it is going to be difficult to adjust without prime.
That is their selling strategy at the end of the day and it is for you to decide whether you want their product or not.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.