This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Yukti Lamba. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

IRCTC To Deliver Tatkal Tickets At Home, Accept Cash On Delivery

More from Yukti Lamba

We all love travelling. Hence, it is important that we travel with comfort. My faith in the Indian Railways had been deteriorating but the government has come up with a new scheme where you can book your tickets and pay cash to the person at your doorstep.

The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corp (IRCTC) has announced that one can opt for ‘cash on delivery’ as an option for tatkal train tickets, similar to online shopping from the comfort of your home.

A New Scheme

The users of IRCTC are now able to pay for tickets through cash or a debit/credit card. Tickets will be delivered to your home at your convenience. This service, available for general reservations till now, will be a game changer for tatkal bookings. It will help users to book tickets with just two clicks.

The IRCTC has joined hands with Anduril Technologies Pvt Ltd for this service delivery process. They have been involved in ‘pay on delivery’ service for over 4000 pin codes in India.

In case you change your mind and no longer want to go where you were supposed to, you will have to pay the cancellation and delivery charges only. However, in case you are unable to pay the cancellation and delivery charge, strict action may be taken as per law and your account may be deactivated and removed.

One hundred and thirty thousand tatkal transactions are processed by IRCTC every day and tickets are booked within minutes.

Image Credit: Hemant Padalkar /Hindustan Times via Getty Images)

What Has Really Changed?

Until now, the procedure of payment was done via the standard online payment gateways before the IRCTC portal booked their place. This was literally time-consuming and difficult. The ‘pay on delivery’ feature has completely changed the process and also made these transactions more secure. It has helped in booking tickets faster.

There are certain steps one needs to pertain to in order to avail this benefit.

1. Register with irctc.payondelivery.co.in to avail cash on delivery service. The users must have either Aadhar or PAN card details at the time of registration.

2. The user must click on ‘pay on delivery’ option while booking a ticket.

3. An email/SMS will be sent right away after ‘confirmation’.

4. In case you wish to pay online, then a payment link will be sent to the registered mobile number at the time of booking.

With the ‘Pay-on-delivery’ option on IRCTC, users will pay only when the tickets are booked. This feature has removed the problem of transaction failures wherein money got debited but the tickets failed to be issued.

More from Yukti Lamba

By Nafisa Hasan

By Birbal Jha