Unrevealed utmost beauties of Northeast India

Posted by Bijasmita
August 18, 2017

‘The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page’ – Saint Augustine

The boredom of life entreats you for the need of a break. All you need is a mind full of rejuvenation and to have the essence of nature.

The tourist from all over the world and that from the country crowd together in the best-known places. But there are so many places in nature’s lap to be explored. May can be described as ‘Unrevealed Utmost Beauties’.
As concern the Northeast India holds the glory of vibrantly colorful nature and the sprinkles of countless architectures.

Northeast India comprises of :
1) Seven sisters (Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Tripura)
2) The Himalayan state of Sikkim.

There are too many unexplored offbeat places to be explored in the nook and corners of these states. These unexplored offbeat places of Northeast India gives you an experience of being in nature’s lap. Apart from the most known tourist spots in the Northeast India, let’s have a deep glance of the lesser known must watch tourist spots.

Here, given below the list of names of the unexplored must visit beauties of Northeast India :

ZIRO VALLEY; Arunachal Pradesh:

Ziro Valley, Arunachal Pradesh

It’s been a beloved place for World Heritage Site for years now for its stunning natural beauty. Located in lower Subansiri District of Arunachal Pradesh, Ziro is approximately 115km away from the capital Itanagar. It is widely known for its rich paddy fields and surrounding pine-clad gentle mountains. The cool summer and the cooler winter is a must to be mention climatic characteristic of this place. Ziro is the home to APATANI Tribes, that could only be found there.

Apatani women of Ziro village

Ziro is included as in India’s Tentative List for UNESCO’s World Heritage Site.

TAWANG; Arunachal Pradesh:

Tawang Welcome Gate

Tawang is the best example of naturally and historically bestowed place. One of the most beautiful mountain town, Tawang is the home to the Tawang monastery. The beauty of the nature here will definitely rejuvenate your soul. Enthusiastic Buddhist chants float all around. Thecool summer and snow-clad winter characterises the place. Alongside the place comprises of nearby Sela Pass, Shonga tser lake, Gorichen Peak, Pankang Teng Tso lake, Bumla pass and many more .

MAJULI; Assam:

Majuli River Island

As recognized by the Guinness Book of World Records, Majuli is the largest river island in the world. Situated in the Brahmaputra river,Assam, Majuli is the first island district of the country. However every monsoon, this paradise of unparalleled natural beauty, is going in the dead color of Brahmaputra itself. The island is the heaven to the bird lovers. The Brahmaputra river in the south and the Kherkutia Xuti, an ananabranch of the Brahmaputra, joined by the Subansiri river in the north gives an enchanting scenic view to the island.

• DIBRU-SAIKHOWA NATIONAL PARK; Assam:

Dibhru-Saikhowa National Park

The National park in Assam located in Dibrugarh and Tinsukia district. The forest of Dibru-Saikhowa consists of semi-evergreen forests, deciduous, littoral and swamp forests and patches of wet evergreen forests and is bounded by Brahmaputra and Lohit river in the north and Dibru river in the south. The largest salix -swamp forest of Northeast India experiences a tropical monsoon climate with a hot and wet summer and cool and usually dry winter.

LOKTAK LAKE & KEIBUL LAMJAO NATIONAL PARK; MANIPUR:

Loktak lake

The largest freshwater lake in the Northeast India, Loktak lake comprises of various floating phumdis.
Keibul Lamjao National Park is the only floating park in the world. It is located in the southern zone of the Loktak lake and is considered as the integral part of the lake. To preserve the natural refuge of the endangered Manipur Brow-antlered deer or Sangai also called the dancing deer, listed as an endangered species by IUCN , the park which was initially declared to be a sanctuary further declared as a national park.

UMNGOT RIVER; Meghalaya:

Umngot River

Perhaps the cleanest river of India. The river flows through Dawki- a small town in the East-Jaiantia Hills. The blue water here is so crystal clear that boating here seems to be floating in mid-air. The river separates the Khasi and Jaiantia Hills and is considered as the natural border of India and Bangladesh lined by a small bridge over there.

LAITLUM CANYON; Meghalaya:

Laitlum Canyon

Laitlum’ suggests ‘end of hills’. One of the most spectacular breathtaking landscape of India situated in East Khasi Hills. From the Laitlum Canyon, a tourist is blessed with a panoramic view of the grassy valleys and tiny village Rasong, which lies deep amidst the nature’s lap. The beautiful hill trails towards Laitlum offers a paradise for trekkers hence the place undoubtedly is the best destination for nature’s love wanderer.

LIVING ROOT BRIDGES OF CHERAPUNJEE; Meghalaya:

Double decker root bridge

The naturally made bridges formed by the aerial roots of Rubber Tree found sprinkled in the different parts of the West Jaiantia Hills and East Khasi Hills. The natural wonder of lIving root bridges are mainly located in the thick tropical forest of Meghalaya. A newly formed bridge takes 15years to become strong enough to bear the weight. These bridges are definitely the most nature wonder for all the nature lovers.

MAWLYNNONG; Meghalaya:

The Cleanest Village

Mawlynnong village on the East Khasi Hills is the most clean village in India. It is awarded with the tag of “cleanest village of Asia”. Renowned for its cleanliness and natural beauty, it attracts a large number of tourist.

CHAMPHAI VALLEY; MIZORAM:

Champhai Valley

The village of Champhai gives you a majestic view of Myanmar Hill. Popularly called as ‘Rice Bowl of Mizoram’. The village is amidst the beauty of nature enriched with the culture and traditions of the different tribes. Tribes here are involved in the production of local wines.

Hnahalan village of Champhai is wide known for the production of wine.

Mizo Hlakungpui Mual is another must visit tourist spot in champhai which is called as “Mizo poet’s square”- a monument built to honour the poets of Mizoram.

The Mizo Poet’s Square

WOKHA; Nagaland:

Dayong Dam

Wokha is declared as “the land of plenty” by the state government of Nagaland. The land is rich in mineral count, soil fertility and abundant flora and fauna.
Doyang Dam near the Wokha village across Doyang river is the rock filled dam best place for water sport comprising of wide variety of flora and fauna.

TSOMGO LAKE; Sikkim:

Tsongmo Lake

Tsomgo lake also known as Changu Lake is a glacial lake in the East Sikkim. The lake remain frozen throughout winter. The lake has a wonderful characteristic of reflecting different colors with the changing seasons of nature.
Nathu La Pass is one of the Himalayan pass connecting Indo-Tibetan border.

ZULUK; Sikkim:

Hair pin bends in Zuluk

The one of the unexplored village in the heart of Sikkim. It offers a panoramic view of Mt
Kanchenjunga. Located in ancient ‘Silk route’. The way of Zuluk takes through 32hair-pin bends. The description describes the enchanting soothing nature of Zuluk.

LACHUNG; Sikkim:

Lachung

The most popular snow-destination in Sikkim, Lachung is located in Northern Sikkim.This hilly village is gnarled with the Lachung Chu river. The scenic charm of the village makes it one of the most visited spot in Sikkim.

DEVTAMURA; Tripura:

Carved stone images

The hilly region alternatively called as ‘Chobimura’ is the hilly region situated on the bank of river Gomati in the south district of Tripura. The site is comprised of the nature’s blessing along with archaeological carves and sculptures. The statues are carved on the rock exposures of the Kalajhari Hills. The hill range is covered with dense forests and the trekking through the forest leads to the carved sites. The most attractive carving is the carving of Mahishashurmardini.

UNOKOTI; Tripura:

Unakoti

The term translates “One less than crore”. It is a historic Shaiva pilgrimage spot and dates back to 7th – 9th centuries. The marvellous rock carvings as primitive beauty of the chief attraction, natural beauty of scenic mountain and waterfalls are extra blessings.
According to Hindu Mythology, while going to Kashi, Lord Shiva along with the crore gods and goddesses including Him decided to rest at the night there and asked the other to wake up before sunrise the next morning, other than Lord Shiva no one could wake up. Hence all the gods and goddesses were cursed to turn into stone images. That’s how formed the carves of one less than crore stone images.
The wonderful carvings amidst the green vegetation of nature must attract a tourist from home and abroad.

JAMPUI HILLS; Tripura:

Jampui Hills

A must to be explored landscape hill range in the North Tripura.
Jampui hill is a tourist paradise consits of virgin forests and peaceful and eco-friendly ambience including beautiful orchids and colourful dance & music. The view of sunrise and sunset from the hills is the most enchanting and attracts the tourist best. The hills are also bloomed with orange fields in winter.

A sunset view from Jampui

So, to have a mind full of rejuvenation from the boredom lifestyle, do give a visit in these nature’s heart.

The nature with its immense glory is waiting to have your august visit.

Image source: Internet