If you want your employees to release their stress for work and boost their performance, you need to follow the below mentioned ways.
- Ensure that each of your employees know about the physical adversities caused by stress. Let them know that they can walk up to their supervisor and express the reason of their work stress.
- Always maintain a clear procedure, which the employees can follow if they are under pressure or anxiety. Do take responsibility of their mental wellness as this makes them feel comfortable to know that their employers care for their wellbeing and does take care of them.
- Every employee should have a clear job description, so that they know what they are doing and accepts the job accordingly. This can be done annually, when the appraisals are involved. This will also motivate them to perform better and keep them happy and content.
- Keep mentioning about types of stress and how one can get over it in your official newsletter, speeches and meetings. There should also be a well-planned stress reduction agenda that makes people release their pressure and strain of work.
- There should be various stress management workshops organised for both the employees and employers. There are many organisations, who do not know how to retain their employees by maintaining a comfortable and stress-free office environment. At these cases, it becomes very important to organise meetings and workshops, where employees can release their tensions and work anxieties. This is also one of the best ways to retain good employees.
- Employers, managers and team leads need to listen to the issues that the employees bring forth. Under this situation, the employee finds themselves to be valuable assets of the company and thus they give their best performance, boosting the overall productivity of the company.
One major thing that you need to know that continuous stress can render a person angry and arrogant. At times it becomes difficult for an organisation to help such individuals. There are many centres who offer anger management workshops who offer treatment programs where such people can learn ways to cope with their anger and also their stress. For more information: http://www.hopecareindia.com/stress-management-center/
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.