Sri Lanka may not be on a priority list when planning an adventure holiday with a gang of friends. But, if you are planning a vacation from India then Sri Lanka may be your best bet due to the cost and proximity. You spend less time traveling and more time enjoying in the place with a range of adventure activities that are easily doable in Sri Lanka. If you are planning holiday package to Sri Lanka with a gang of friends, then here are some of the must do activities for the adrenaline junkies.
- White Water Rafting: There is nothing more exciting than going with the flow and coming face to face with the mighty river. There are many excursions and training camps that provide for some safe white water rafting sports. The small town of Kitulgala, which is located at the south of Kandy, is your gateway to the rapids and waters of the Kelaniya Ganga, where the adventure seekers get to pump up some adrenaline.
- Surfing: Sri Lanka has some of the most beautiful and safe beaches which makes it fun and interesting to take on some adventure water sports like surfing. Sri Lanka is renowned for some of the most exotic and fun surf beaches the best one among them being Midigama which is situated in the southern part of the island. Sandy beaches spread out miles exciting adventure seekers to try their hand at some of the adventure sports in the waters.
- Sea Plane Tour: Being an island nation, Sri Lanka has some exotic seaside scenery and some lush jungles. To explore the entire stretch of the blue waters panning out in the island, a plane tour is a must to take. The flying boats spread on the lagoons giving the divers and adventure seekers an adrenaline boost. You can take on an adventure sea plane tour and check out the important landmarks of Sri Lanka standing tall. Watching them from the ariel distance is a thrilling experience all together.
- Hot air balloon ride: The brilliant feeling of riding high between the clouds in a hot air balloon is an experience that tops the bucket list of the adventure lovers. It is a unique experience to watch the wildlife below you and the view of the green clad mountains gazing back at you. If you are booking a holiday package to Sri Lanka, you can also book some experienced tours that take you around to various cultural and iconic sites of Sri Lanka in the hot air balloon.
- Trekking: The mountainous climbs of Sri Lanka provide for excellent trekking trails that are adventurous and fun to do especially for the adventure seekers. Make your way through the dense forests and the jungles encountering the wildlife along the way and set up camps below the open skies for an enthralling Sri Lankan jungle adventure which is one of its own kind.
- Diving: Be it a honeymoon or an adventure holiday, there is no better way to indulge in an adventure vacation than trying out some diving experiences. Set out on a mystery tour under water to explore a whole new world there is.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.