This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Parvesh Bravo. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

All About Office Ergonomics: What You Should Do Today

More from Parvesh Bravo

Workers who work in an office with non-ergonomic furniture and equipment is likely to sustain health complications and injuries, such as back pain, muscle stiffness, muscle swelling, and muscle numbness or tingling. Employers should know that such health problems can be easily prevented and avoided by improving their offices’ ergonomics.

Only Use Comfortable Chairs

The common belief is that any office could do you no harm but in reality not all types of chair can provide maximum comfort to its users. Office workers are prone to sustaining back injuries when using uncomfortable chair for years on a daily basis. Hence, it is very important to carefully choose the chairs that your employees would use. An ergonomic office chair should have soft and comfortable cushion, durable arm rests, adjustable seat height, adjustable back rest height, lumbar support, and can be swiveled or rolled around.

Make Sure Air Conditioning Units are Working Properly

For office employees to feel more comfortable, the commercial air conditioning Sydney units must be working at its best. When the air conditioning units are not working as they are supposed to, employees may feel dehydrated, which can affect their concentration, and can even harm their general health. If your office has malfunctioning commercial air conditioning Sydney, it is a must to call professionals to have it checked immediately. Don’t wait for the day for any of these units to break, once they show signs of problems, call air conditioning maintenance right away.

Strategically Arrange Computer Sets

One of the cheapest ways to make an office ergonomic is to arrange the items atop office desks, especially the computer sets. The monitors should be in the right place. This means it should be at least two to three inches below eye level and at least an arm’s length away from where the user is sitting. The location of the mouse and keyboard is likely vital. The two should be close to each other, and should be placed directly in front of the user and at the center of the desk.

Remind Employees about Good Posture

No matter how much money and resources you invest on office ergonomics, if your employees don’t practice good posture while working, your organization’s efforts could go futile. It is a proven fact that posture is an important element of workplace ergonomics, which is why in order to provide employees with maximum office comfort, they should practice proper posture. Employees should be reminded not to slouch, keep their elbows close to their body and keep their wrists straight, and keep their shoulders and back relaxed.

Consult with Office Ergonomics Experts

If your company is serious about promoting office ergonomics and keeping everyone healthy, then you can find benefits from consulting with an expert. An ergonomics expert will study your office’s current setup and design, and pitch in suggestions on how to improve it. Additionally, the expert should help you decide on what equipment and furniture to replace or upgrade. Basically, an ergonomics expert will guide your business in its goal of making your workplace more comfortable for employees.

An office that is not ergonomic is more likely to have stressed-out employees. You should remember that when employees are stressed or suffering from muscle ailments their work performance is adversely affected. So, if you want to have more productive and creative employees, you should invest on quality ergonomically designed equipment and furniture.Gone are the days when employers believe that office ergonomics is just a fancy and luxurious workplace comfort idea. Ever since ergonomics has become a mainstream idea, office arrangements, planning, layout, and designs have changed for the better.

More from Parvesh Bravo

By Juwel Chowdhury

By Sheikh