Boardroom battle -‘Cook for a Smile’ with Michelin starred Chef Vikas Khanna

Posted by smilesayani
September 5, 2017

: Smile Foundation and celebrity Chef Vikas Khanna join hands for the sixth edition of “Cook for a Smile” – an exciting and unique charity cookout at Phoenix Marketcity Bangalore. Eight top boardroom leaders join this initiative to battle it out over a cook-off with the sole mission to support Smile Foundation’s ‘Nutrition for Education’ campaign.

Funds raised through the campaign will be utilized in providing education and nutrition to almost 1000 children of Smile Foundation.

Each corporate leader is joined by the junior master chefs from Smile Foundation at the event, presented by Phoenix Marketcity, in association with Quaker, hospitality partner the Chancery Pavilion, radio partner 92.7 BIG FM, outdoor partner Ripple Media, gifting partner Le Creuset and media partner CNN News18. The event was organized at Shizusan, a Pan Asian restaurant located in Phoenix Marketcity.

Mr Gajendra Singh Rathore from Phoenix Marketcity, Mr Rakesh Mishra from Target International, Ms Suneetha Agarwal from Agarwal Hospitals, Ms Reeth Abraham from NEB Sports, Mr Vikas Seth from Embassy Leisure Blue Culinary, Mr Kaushik Mittal from AXA Business, Ms Sunitha Venugopal from Walmart and Mr Prashanth Govindan from HARMAN have participated in the event.

Malnutrition among children is one of the major problems of our country. To mitigate this problem, Smile Foundation’s nutrition programme has been providing, over many years, both direct nutrition interventions and a broad range of “nutrition sensitive” interventions addressing the determinants of malnutrition.

The project has been designed to address the issue of malnutrition and enable behavioural change regarding proper child care and proper dietary practices in two phases: a) Nutrition Support: Catering to nutritional needs of the underprivileged children, and b) Nutrition Awareness: Sensitizing the underprivileged communities towards the issue of malnutrition amongst children, mothers and family members. Currently, Smile Foundation’s Nutrition initiative is benefitting children in 25 states in India.

Elaborating on his fondness for the initiative Chef Vikas Khanna, Goodwill Ambassador – Nutrition for Education, Smile Foundation, said, “Lack of proper nutrition is a fundamental issue and one of the biggest roadblocks in the growth and development of children in our country.  I have been working with Smile Foundation for the last 3 years and we have been able to address nutrition needs of underprivileged children through various fund raisers and advocacy programs. Smile Foundation is supporting the nutrition program in 25 states in India.  Cook for a Smile has been a big step in helping us reach out to stakeholders and by end of this year I pledge to benefit around ……… kids through this initiative.”

“One in every three malnourished children in the world is from India. The consequences are long-term and it prevents children’s overall growth, learning ability and a chance to come out of the vicious cycle of poverty for yet another generation. Thereby it also prevents the country’s growth. In order to bring some real and permanent changes in the lives of the most deserving children across India, we have brought together corporate leaders and trendsetters under our ‘Cook for a Smile’ initiative with celebrated Chef Vikas Khanna,” says Mr. Santanu Mishra, Co-Founder and Executive Trustee, Smile Foundation.

Speaking on the occasion, “We are happy to associate with Smile foundation to take an important step to help children receive essential nutrition and well balanced food” said Gajendra Singh Rathore, Centre Director, Phoenix Marketcity Bangalore.