This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by iDream Career. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Career plans? Start in your first year of study! iDream Career

Abroad, career planning plays a much bigger role at the university than here. What can you do as a  student?

Students will run and network from day one college on career choices, internships. The economic crisis causes labor tightness and the costs of study increase.

As a result, the pressure on students increases to study and be well-prepared for their career after their studies. More and more universities in the United States play this by activating students early in their studies to be in their future career.

In the India, that is different. Here the responsibility for career planning is much more at the student’s own. Careers advisers help students to find out what they want and with job training. Our role is advisory, They do not mediate between students and companies.

Fortunately, there are legacy student associations and student organizations that do everything to bridge the gap between study and the labor market. But, as a student, you have to get away from it yourself. The sooner the better.

The majority of students start to think about their career after studying in their master’s degree. Campaign: “But if you do not start committees and internships in your second year, you’ll soon miss the boat.”, student pressure is rising through binding study advice, earlier student finance and increasing competition in the labor market.

As a student, you lose little time. Therefore, recommends students to regularly keep up with their future plans during their studies, and then take action to achieve that. In concrete terms, Campaign recommends the following steps:

1. Realize you from your first year what you want to do with this study. What do you want to show employers in four years when you leave the university?
  2. Go internship to get to know business, and show you at business days and business courses.
  3. If you have the opportunity, spend a while abroad . That’s good for your development.
  4. Make sure you have your profile and CV in order. That you have an answer to the questions ‘who are you?’ and “what do we have for you?”.

The career market is so fragmented that you can not see the forest through the trees. Therefore, the following tips to take care of yourself for your career. From day one!

Career advice for students

All universities are have a career counselling for college students, where you can be a student for individual conversations with a career adviser. In addition, they organize workshops on among other study choices and give them application training.Often there is the possibility of checking your CV. .

Business visit for students

There are certainly training courses that organize corporate visits, but the initiative is especially for yourself. At the following organizations – both commercial and student organizations – you are welcome to meet companies:

• STEP In-house days
  • Business courses
  • Make a Move
  • Integrand Inhousedagen
  • Study associations

Where can you go for a good internship?

Most faculties have an internship office . But you have more choice if you are going to search the internet yourself. So surf the websites of all the companies you are interested in. In addition, you also have websites that present a course for a particular subject. These are two major internship intermediaries:

• Students Office
  • Integrand

How can you network as a student?

Universities often have an alumni network. You can ask at the faculty office for alumni in your field of study. Whether they actually bring you closer to a job depends on how active the office is maintaining the contacts. That differs, of course, by faculty. You will also need to be on your way to building a network.

The possibilities are endless with the countless study associations and student organizations in every university city. In any case, consider:     

• Your study association : here you meet your future colleagues, so those contacts must cherish you. Make a commission for management experience and the necessary cv building.
  • University Council: each university has one and the student board usually changes yearly. You will get to know students from different faculties and to gain management experience.
  • Student associations (societies): for each type of student there is an association. Within associations, there are often different organs / disputes where students sit in all the years. In this way, you will learn to know older people where you can talk to you informally about their jobs or the labor market later on – if you are looking for a job.
  • In international student organizations and establish international contacts.

More from iDream Career

By muditsoni

By logupdate africa

By Taushif Patel