Sheru (शेरु) The Lion

Posted by Vishal Kumar
September 17, 2017

Its not a review of movie LION 2016 but my emotions which were accentuated by this movie. You could easily figure out the level of my involvement while watching the movie from the fact that I couldn’t stop crying thinking about Sharoo. I somehow have a deep connection with underprivileged children since I taught kids of a slum in Mumbai during my graduation. I visited their homes, met their parents and ate with them. I got very deeply moved by the respect and love they gave me.

Movie is seriously fabulous in conveying what it really wanted to convey and it touched my core. I myself have this thought of adopting a child after I am capable of being a responsible parent. More specifically I want to adopt a transgender kid as they are more exploited than normal kids. This movie enlightened me with the amount of responsibility, highly emotionally delicate care and sensitivity which need to be ensured by any adopting parent. The bonding and connection has to be build and strengthened with time.

Children are the future of any nation but there is this grave danger lingering over them. Nearly 180 kids go missing in India everyday is a harsh reality of our country. This shows how we are failing the society and the coming generation. Government need to work very hard to make this stop. Various operations like Operation Muskaan to rescue children from child labour and sexual exploitation, are being implemented but a lot more need to be done. NGOs such as Childline, Cry  etc. are doing commendable job. Underprivileged children are even more vulnerable of abduction and such exploitation. Unfortunately Police too lack sensibility towards underprivileged makes it worse. Sensibility of police department also need to enhanced.  Every stakeholder has to come together to stop abductions and other children related crimes.

250,000 children are registered as missing on the government’s Track Child portal between January 2012 to March 2017.
– Reuters