This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by karan pareenja. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

10 Reasons Drinking Coffee Could Be Healthier For You Than You Thought

Coffee is not just a beverage, but an extraordinary drink with extraordinary capabilities. Coffee gives a person that necessary kick in the morning to get going for the day. Whether coffee is good or bad is a debatable topic. Many believe that coffee consists antioxidants, which are good for health.

But others also believe that coffee also results in sleep disorders, digestive and oral problems. I don’t know which faction to believe, but there is one thing that I’m sure about – coffee is good if consumed in moderate quantities. I’m very optimistic about drinking coffee as I believe that this is a wonder bean that could prove very beneficial if taken in the right amount.

If you drink coffee occasionally, then you must be interested in knowing whether coffee is good for you or not. So, let us discuss 10 reasons drinking coffee could prove to be healthier for you than you thought.

1. Coffee Is A Rich Source Of Antioxidants

Coffee is one of the richest sources of antioxidants. If you don’t know why antioxidants are so important, then let me tell you. Antioxidants are known to protect you against inflammation, which is the underlying cause of multiple chronic conditions like atherosclerosis and arthritis. Even the risk of developing certain types of cancer can be prevented up to some extent with the intake of coffee.

2. Coffee Improves Memory

Coffee consists of caffeine, and this caffeine helps sharpen memory and increase focus so that you could work in a more precise manner. Caffeine is basically a stimulant, so when you consume it, your brain starts responding in a much faster way than before. It is not compulsory to drink black, tasteless coffee. You can have espresso, cappuccino, latte or Americano.

coffee
Image Credit: Pixabay

3. Coffee Helps Protect Against Cognitive Decline

Severe problems such as Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and Parkinson’s disease can be prevented up to an extent with the consumption of coffee. Caffeine basically prevents the build-up of beta-amyloid plaque, which prevents the symptoms of Alzheimer’s disease to progress.

4. Coffee Improves Cardiovascular Health

Coffee is good for your heart. I don’t know if you were aware of this before, but it is true. Coffee is healthy for your heart, as it helps protect your heart from arterial damage that is caused by inflammation. So, keep drinking coffee on a daily basis, as it will keep your heart in a good health.

5. Coffee Helps Cure Symptoms Of Certain Cancers

With regular consumption of coffee, you could protect yourself from cancer. It has been found that four to five cups of coffee every day has reduced the risk of endometrial cancer, which is quite common in women. The rate of reduction could be up to 22%, which is a huge figure.

6. Coffee Reduces Risk Of Type-II Diabetes

With diabetes becoming prevalent these days, you can stay protected from this deadly disease by drinking a few cups of coffee every day. Coffee increases the number of insulin-producing cells and also regulate blood sugar.

7. Coffee Enhances Liver Health

Coffee is good for your entire body, which includes liver as well. Consuming coffee on a daily basis could reduce the risk of cirrhosis, which causes liver damage.

8. Coffee Boosts The Body’s Metabolism

Drinking a cup of coffee before going to the gym for working out will help you perform better. It will increase the flow of blood in your body and will eradicate fatigue. Your muscles will also get strengthened, thus allowing you to work-out in a much better way.

9. Coffee Is A Depression-buster

If you stay depressed occasionally due to any reason, then adding coffee to your daily diet can help you cope better with depression.

10. Coffee Protects You Against Gout

This is a women’s problem, and coffee seems to be very effective in fixing it. Women who drink coffee have a 57% decreased risk of gout than those who don’t. This clearly shows how healthy coffee is.

Now, you are aware of all the health benefits of coffee. So what are you waiting for? Head towards a local coffee store and attain all the benefits of coffee.

More from karan pareenja

By Priya Prakash

By Survivors Against TB

By Myna Mahila Foundation