This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Hassan Ahmed. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Clean renewable energy: Key for long term goals instead of short

More from Hassan Ahmed

Clean Energy paves opportunities at every stage for eternity. In a country like India where the climate is hot in most of the parts, renewable energy sources like solar power is in great demand. Globally, solar energy is considered to be one of the best alternatives which would be a great choice in the second most populous country in the world. A UN study predicted that India could surpass China by 2022. All this would lead to exploitation and depletion of non-renewable sources to such a massive extent. Which in turn leads everyone to look for a new sustainable solution to meet the requirements of such populated country.

Clean energy throughout the globe: Vision 2050

A research done by the World Health Organization (WHO) showed that the Indian capital has the worst air quality in the world. Emissions from factories, automobiles, construction dusts which has toxic chemicals are being mixed in the air and has immediate adverse effects on health causing various respiratory illness among the people. Release of green house gases is continuously posing threat all over the world especially coastal cities which are predicted to be submerged under water due to rise in sea level. Irregular pattern in rainfall has also been disastrous by causing floods in cities and drought in agricultural regions claiming loss of life, property and natural resources.

Implementation of clean energy projects can also solve to an extent unemployment which has become a major concern. According to the Council on Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW) analysis, India’s clean energy goals can provide jobs up to 34,600 people in wind power, 58,000 in utility solar and 238,000 in rooftop solar jobs over the next five years. Nehmat Kaur, consultant and development economist at NRC said, “Clean energy expansion is generating thousands of new jobs while meeting India’s climate and economic goals. With this tremendous opportunity India is stepping up as a global leader in demonstrating how a growing economy can scale up renewables, generate employment and provide access in the face of rising energy demands. Switching at fast pace to renewable energy options can be chosen collectively by the policy makers and then be directly utilised by the public. In this way every person becomes a stakeholder of the climate goals set. It is the responsibility of every individual of this world to be a part of such massive Paris Agreement directly or indirectly by contributing their maximum based on their capabilities.

More from Hassan Ahmed

By Joey Franklin

By Abhishek Karadkar