What Wanting To Be ‘Good Boys And Girls’ Does To Our Sexual Mental Health

Posted by AgentsofIshq in Mental Health, Sexual Health
October 11, 2017

In the last few years, we have finally begun to have conversations about mental health and slowly shed a little bit of the social baggage and stigma around mental health.

But what about Sexual Mental Health? How many of us have even heard of it? In this video, Dr. Amrita Narayanan, author and clinical psychologist, explains the close link between mental health and sexual wellness.

Because of the taboos around sex and desire, we are taught to think that sexual pleasure is not important. This makes us censor some of our most natural desires and feel shame for them. This sense of shame eats into us and our relationships and can damage our self-image and self-esteem painfully.

When we are free and open sexually, it sends a positive feedback to our mind and conversely when we are relaxed or feeling happy, our libido is boosted.

Watch this video by Agents of Ishq to learn what is the meaning of sexual mental health and what we can do to have good sexual mental health.