Enactus Hans Raj’s Project ‘Aangan’ Aims to Educate The Underprivileged

Posted by Chitra Rajpal
October 14, 2017

Enactus is a non-profit organization which is recognized on a global level, dedicated towards inspiring students to make a change in the society through entrepreneurial action.  Enactus Hans Raj was established on October 1, 2012, in affiliation with Enactus International with an aim to spread entrepreneurship through inclusive growth. Since then they’ve come up with many successful projects to achieve social, cultural and environmental benefits.
Project Aangan:
 One of the aims of Enactus Hans Raj in this project is to provide top notch facilities in the realms of child care and development to ensure grooming through an amalgamation of entrepreneurial action and social alleviation. Through this project Enactus Han Raj seeks to raise awareness about the alarmingly high rates of infant mortality as well lay proper stress on the foundation of ones being – a healthy childhood.
How they make it happen
 1) Enactus Hans Raj sets up a daycare facility where students from ages 3+ come and their members impart basic education through their specially designed courses, workshops and sessions with students to help them develop requisite skills.
2) Students are taught by women entrepreneurs, who are trained in the aforementioned.
3) A subscription based model is followed with a minimal fee which will be decided on the economic conditions of the families subscribing to ensure there is fiscal strain.
Their Work
 Enactus Hansraj is currently running a daycare in Narela where 40 students are being educated and taken care of by 2 of their women entrepreneurs whom they trained. Children spend their entire day learning and playing in the Creche while their parents work on construction sites.
Partners In Social Alleviation
Enactus Hansraj is collaborating with Ahluwalia contracts India Ltd. The organization has graciously helped them out with the construction of their first crèche. Mobile Crèche – an NGO dedicated to child rearing has also offered to help us in our endeavour. They are also making an earnest effort to tap the Ministry of Women and Child Development. Enactus Hansraj has also received funding from Coca Cola and KPMG for their project

Why Project Aangan
Every year 1.5 million children die in India before reaching the age of 6 because of lack of care and protection. And there are more such facts which reveal the plight of many women and children across india. Early childhood development is identified as the foundation for Sustainable Development. Enactus Hans Raj realises that giving every child the best start in life is the best way to ensure healthy and prosperous individuals, communities and countries – thus Enactus Hans Raj hopes to spear head change with Project Aangan.