Manali is a year-round favourite travel destination since it offers various unique opportunities that are not frequently available in the rest of India. This enchanting hill station not only tenders to nature or architecture but also provides a lot of adventure sports and fun activities. Paragliding, river rafting, trekking, hot air balloons, and winter sports like snowboarding and skiing completes the Manali Tour Packages.
‘Cool’ and Interesting Things To Do In Manali:
- Cable Car Rides: Solang Valley, around 14kms from Manali, is the prime spot for fun activities. Cable car, also termed the Gondola, takes a vertical rise of up to 500m. Take a 1.3km cable car ride to enjoy and feel the fresh air! The ropeway is a new addition.
- Paragliding and Zorbing: Also in Solang Valley, paragliding for beginners start from a one minute jump to as much as a twenty-minute enjoyable flight. However, it is banned during monsoons. Zorbing is an exhilarating and unique experience as you are made to hurl down the hill in a large, transparent plastic ball. It’s a lot of fun!
- Camping and Trekking: When in as beautiful a place as Manali, it’s a crime to spend all day in a hotel room. Go for camping in the lush green meadows during spring and summer for a rejuvenating ‘’close to nature’’ experience. Short treks of about 3 hours can take you to the wonderful Solang waterfall or the naturally-formed Shiva Ice Temple.
- Explore the Countryside: The Himalayan countryside is a sight for sore eyes. Far from the madding crowd, visit small rural hamlets like Kothi, Malana, and Vashist, which is known for its hot water springs. Take a dip to relax and loosen up!
- Rohtang Pass: This magnificent high mountain pass connects Kullu Valley to Lahaul and Spiti Valleys. Not just an adventure hub for skiing and trekking, it is also one of Bollywood’s most favourite shooting locations!
- Wildlife Travel: Make a tour in Van Vihar National Park and The Great Himalayan National Park in Kullu Valley to appreciate the local flora and fauna.
- Taste Some Trout: Drop by hotels near Mall Road to taste the famous Trout, a freshwater fish found in the Beas River. It is not only delicious but is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, reducing the risk of stroke, heart diseases, and cholesterol. Also, try the famous apple and lingad pickle from the Manali Mall Road Market. You can also go for a trout fishing trip arranged by adventure sports organisers in Manali.
In addition to these, Himalayan herbs, handicraft items, and classic Himachal cuisines are a pleasurable bonus.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.