This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Abhishek Gajraj. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Home Remedies for Weight Loss

According to medical experts, there is an optimum weight condition which is calculated in proportion to your height. When the fat content in your body exceeds the normal values, it makes you overweight. This condition occurs when you consume more food than the energy you burn in proportion to it. Today, obesity has become an epidemic as it has affected millions of people throughout the globe. Overweight leads to other noticeable problems as well. Some causes of weight loss are:-

• Consuming a lot of alcohol
  • Genetic disorder
  • Sedentary lifestyle
  • Stress, tension or depression
  • Overeating
  • Intake of junk food
  • Hormonal imbalance
  • Lack of sleep
  • Medications
  • Pregnancy
  • Lack of exercise

There are only two ways you must obtain in order to lose weight: exercising and eating healthy. There are still natural remedies and recipes that will help you reach your ultimate goal of a fitter body. If you use these in addition to eating healthy and exercising, they can speed up the process. There are many different contributing factors to losing weight, so the below remedies cover some of them:-

Avoid Sugar

Sugar really is the enemy no.1 for weight loss. Sugar spikes your body’s insulin and blood sugar levels and once this occurs, the calories then get deposited into your fat cells. Processed sugars also contain lots of empty calories, which also get stored as body fat. And worst of all, refined sugars don’t fill you up as easily as natural foods and they’re also highly addictive so you tend to eat more.

Yoga

It’s an age-old practice that has been practiced since ages and it is proven to ail almost every problem in the body. Yoga is extremely beneficial in weight loss as with the help of postures and asana, you can target the particular sections of your body where the fat is accumulated and reduce weight without much hassle. It is highly effective even in removing the fat that has been accumulated since long-long years.

Read more about Yoga  Yoga Weight Loss

Cinnamon and Honey

The combination of honey and cinnamon is one of the tested and tried home remedies to lose weight that shows fast results. The benefits of honey and cinnamon are uncountable. Though honey adds a great taste it also has a healthy glycemic index and does not get absorbed into the body all at once like sugar. Cinnamon helps in boosting metabolism, detoxifying the body, etc., all of which help in weight loss. Honey does contain sugar, but it also helps promote fat metabolism and fat burning. Cinnamon controls blood sugar levels and insulin levels and stops you from overeating. When used together, these two foods are a very powerful weight loss combo.

• Boil 1 tbsp. cinnamon water for 15 minutes
  • Remove from stove and let it cool
  • Add 1 tbsp. of honey to it.

Green Tea and Ginger

Green tea has long been debated as a weight loss aid, and still, research is being done on the same. Caffeine, catechins, and theanine are three components in green tea that help manage weight. Caffeine speeds up a number of bodily processes, including metabolism related to weight. Catechins can help lower the absorption of fats via the intestinal tract. Theanine is an amino acid in green tea that can encourage the release of dopamine, the chemical that makes you feel happy and relaxed. If you tend to eat due to stress, this may be useful.  The ginger added to green tea will help improve digestion and add a little flavour.

• Place 1 tsp. green tea and ½ tsp. ground ginger in a strainer
  • Cover with 8 ounces of boiling water
  • Steep for 3-4 minutes
  • Stir in a little raw honey for taste
  • Drink 1-2 cups daily on an empty stomach.

Read more about Green Tea :  10 Health Benefits of Green Tea

Ginseng

Ginseng is an herb used in Chinese traditional medicine that is effective in losing weight. Ginsenoside, a compound found in the herb, helps to inhibit the differentiation of the cells that store energy as fat and prevent the cells from completing the fat storage process.

Ginseng helps to fight fatigue as well as enhances mental alertness. Without energy, you don’t exercise and without exercise, it’s impossible to lose weight, at least in a healthy way. In addition to boosting energy, it can also help manage blood sugar, which also affects energy levels as well as appetite.

• Take 1 tsp. of chopped ginseng
  • Put 1 cup of boiling water to cover it
  • Steep for 10 minutes
  • Strain it and add lemon and honey for taste
  • Drink it 1-2 times a day

Dandelion and Peppermint

Dandelion and peppermint tea is considered excellent for a healthy liver. The liver has a crucial function in metabolic processes, a lot of which affect weight. The liver consists cells that break down fats and use them as energy. These cells also release bile, which helps break down and absorb fats. The liver helps in keeping your blood sugar steady, therefore keeping energy levels up which regulates appetite during metabolizing carbohydrates. Peppermint and dandelion help in absorption of nutrients by automatically instigating the production of bile in the liver.

• Pour 1 cup of boiling water over 1 tsp. of dried dandelion leaves and 1 tsp. of dried peppermint leaves
  • Strain and add lemon for taste
  • Drink 2 times a day

Sage Tea

Under constant stress, the body releases a steroid hormone called cortisol. It can affect blood sugar level and cause energy to be stored more readily as fat. Neuropeptide Y is a neurochemical that is also released in our body under stress. It causes the growth of fat tissue as well as an increase in appetite. One way to fight this is to ingest more sage, which has calming effects on both the body and mind. Making a sage tea, or even just adding sage in dishes, is one way to lower your stress levels.

• Pour 1 cup of boiling water on a handful of fresh sage
  • Strain for 4-5 minutes and add lemon for taste
  • Drink 1-2 times a day

Water

Water acts as an appetite suppressant by keeping your stomach full and also helps your body to metabolize and break down stored fat by helping the kidney’s to flush out waste. If you drink iced water, your body will burn between 60 and 100 calories alone just heating up the water to body temperature. And also, sometimes hunger pangs are actually thirst pangs so drinking lots of water will also help to stop overeating.

Coconut Oil

Coconut oil contains unique fats called MCT, or medium chain triglycerides. These are helpful in utilising energy (calories) more efficiently. MCT’s are not broken down in the intestines and do not get stored away immediately as fat. Instead, they are absorbed whole and sent right to the liver, where they are used as energy. Now sitting around eating coconut oil isn’t going to make you lose weight, but using it as a replacement fat can be a good choice. Coconut oil is also an incredible appetite suppressant and it can raise energy levels.

• Take 1 tsp. of coconut oil 2 times a day
  • Use it in meals

Yogurt and Honey

It is an awesome breakfast/snack. The probiotics in yogurt do wonders for the digestive tract and maintain a healthy balance of the gut flora that optimizes digestion and the breakdown of fat. The honey is just added healthy sweetness to satisfy any cravings you might have. For optimum weight loss, try low-fat yogurt.

• Add 1 tbsp. of honey to ½ – 1 cup of plain yogurt

Black Pepper and Lemon Juice

Black pepper contains a natural chemical compound called piperine, which is responsible for giving it its pungent flavour. Studies depict that it can manipulate the genes that control the generation of fat cells, and reduce fat levels in the bloodstream. Apart from that, it also enhances the absorption of nutrients from food. Lemon juice can help improve digestion and give your G.I. track a helping hand when it comes to breaking down foods.

• Take half a lemon and squeeze it in fresh water
  • Sprinkle black pepper over it
  • Drink once daily after any meal

Bottle Gourd

Bottle gourds are old-world hard-shelled fruits that can help you lose weight. Bottle Gourd is rich in fibres and has zero fat content. Due to its high fibre content and creates a sensation of fullness and curbs appetite. It also has high water content and is packed with great nutrients. It’s a great way to help resist cravings and potential snacking sprees. It can be taken in liquid form, or made a dish out of.

• Whenever you feel an urge to snack, drink 1 cup of bottle gourd juice with a dash of lime juice in it

Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple cider vinegar is often included in diets for quick weight loss as it is a rich source of pectin and this fibre helps in increasing satiety so that you feel fuller for a longer period of time and don’t eat unhealthy food. It also helps in breaking down the fat cells of the body and helps run the metabolism at a fast pace even when the body is in a state of rest.

ACV also normalizes blood sugar and insulin levels. In addition, a compound in ACV known as acetic acid enables the body to digest starch; therefore less is broken down and stored as body fat.

• Add 1 tsp. of ACV to a cup of water
  • Add 1 tsp. of lemon and mix
  • Drink this at least once a day

Milk Thistle

Milk thistle contains active flavonoids compounds known as simirilyn which helps in protecting the liver. When your liver is sluggish and slow, weight loss could be lowered by 30%. The simarilyn in milk thistle can help prevent this. Milk thistle herb is a super impressive liver detoxifier, cleanser, and repairer.

You can easily buy it in capsule form from good health food stores, from a pharmacy or from online sites.

For dosage, follow the directions given on the bottle.

More from Abhishek Gajraj

By vigorpopg

By vigorpopg

By Concert Care