Indian writer’s website hacked, recovered, but whole data lost. Writer: “Time to revamp”

Posted by Ankit Singh
October 18, 2017

Indian writer and author Ankit Singh, who wrote the fiction book “The Tree’s Sister” is in trouble. His website www.tulrac.com was hacked by an unknown hacker. Singh announced about the same on the social media. His update said: “This is to inform to all that my website has been hacked by some unknown person. We are working on its recovery and we will be done with it soon.”

Unfortunately, a week before the hacking, data backup was lost due to misplaced pen drive. And so the data couldn’t be restored as it is. – Ankit Singh said in a statement.

“I and my team will be up with a revamped website soon equipped with more security related features enabled, to ensure any such thing does not happen in the future.” – said Singh when contacted.

When asked about the details of the person who hacked into the website, Singh denied identifying any one particularly but said that it is possibly the work of a spammer/scammer. Singh also warned the public not to respond to any email they get from tulrac.com without inquiring about the same from him and his team. He said to inform about any such email to his email: [email protected] without any delay.

Writer now plans to come up with a revamped website in coming days. Tulrac.com is the same imprint which published Singh’s book – “The Tree’s Sister”. The book was published in January 2015.