Just Launched: Bihar Equal Education Initiative – Demand the Right to education now!

Posted by Bihar Equal Education Initiative
October 24, 2017

The Vision

Our vision is the fulfillment of the Constitutional obligations to provide each and every child in Bihar free quality education.

We want the children of Bihar to grow up in the true spirit of the Indian Constitution. Equality of opportunity and nationbuilding requires the end of segregation in schools. We want the governmental schools in Bihar to provide quality education; not only for the benefit of the children and parents, but the state and the nation as a whole.

Education is more than literacy. A school is meant as a place where children from diverse backgrounds come together, play together, learn together; where friendships cross barriers that hinder progress of society, where knowledge and values are taught; where children become responsible and active citizens, while also getting the tools and knowledge required to become productive members of the economy to allow India to achieve its full potential.

Our vision is a harmonious society where peace and non-violence is practiced and where segregation becomes part of the past, but not of the present.

For this, quality education must be provided. Education requires resources and manpower. Our vision are schools that are well equipped and a teacher profession that rediscovers its pride for this noble profession.

Change is possible. Segregation will end. We must only come together to demand this change and persuade those preventing it from happening that personal wealth and gains are having much less value than well educated children.

Our Demand

Our demand is simple:

Be true to what you say on paper

We demand the implementation of the Right to Education Act, 2009, and the State Rules for Bihar, 2011.

More details of our specific demands and the legal entitlements can be found here.

The Status of Education in Bihar

You can find detailed information on the website of our initiative: Status of Education in Bihar

For illustration, here are some pictures we made on the ground (Kurhani Block, Muzaffarpur District):

What you can do

Join our initiative. Like us on facebook, follow us on twitter, sign our petition and use our hashtag #BiharEqEdu.

We will shortly launch more concrete ways and tools to join the initiative.

We must all join hands. The time for change is now. Join now: Bihar Equal Education Initiative