This Pakistani Kick Boxer Is Shattering Stereotypes Around How ‘Ideal Women’ Should Be

Posted by Gourav Jaiswal in #BHL
October 6, 2017
Editor's note: This post is a part of #BHL, a campaign by BBC Media Action and Youth Ki Awaaz to redefine and own the label of what a 'bigda hua ladka or ladki' really is. If you believe in making your own choices and smashing this stereotype, share your story.

What image comes to your mind when you think of a Pakistani girl,a oppressed hijab wearing girl or a Malala fighting to go to school. This conversation with Hajira will surely challenge these stereotypes about Pakistani girls and women in Indian mindsets. I met Hajra in a South Asian Young Leaders collective event in Sweden where I recorded this conversation. Hajira has worked on multiple social political issues, is right now a student and is a martial arts practitioner cum teacher. In the conversation Hajira talks about condition of women in Pakistan and her views on women safety.

Watch it for inspiration.