lumières

Posted by Prerna Avasthi
October 29, 2017

“Flight tickets check, Ethnic check, Danglers check, Kajju katli check”

Today while driving back home I could smell the festive season. Six months prior Diwali tickets are booked. Everyone is eagerly waiting to meet their loved ones. We all want to travel the world but come back home to celebrate Diwali. We mark the flight date on calender and wait for that very day.

No wonders even the street lights give you that ‘diwali wali feeling’. Beauty of the festival is something that words cannot describe. Markets are decorated with lights, sweets, crackers, stalls everywhere. The tiny hands that still shake while holding a pencil, try their best to make that perfect Rangoli. Diyas are soaked over night and the earthy smell, its lovely. I still remember when my nephew was trying to help his mother in cleaning the house by holding the broomstick, no doubt kids are all time ready to help. My mom still complains that I use help her more in cleaning the house when i was small.

“saare mummy ek jaise hoti h, hum bache kitni bhi safae kare par hum kamm chor hain” isn’t it.

You get shagun which actually are papernotes, its like earning other than your pocket money. And the best part about diwali is boring people like me are dressed well, also for a change I apply something more than my babylips and kajal. I like applying liner and mascara on diwali with that wine shade lipstick. This is our perfect diwali picture but this diwali we’ll all make diwali a little more perfect by sharing.

I request all of you to do something more than dressing up well, applying mascara and bursting crackers. I want each of you to reach out to any one poor and offer them food. Disturbute some blankets and chocolates. Share the love and affection this diwali and spread the happiness. Celebrate the Joy of Giving with me this diwali.

Happy Diwali Everyone. May god bless you and your family with all the happiness of the world.

Lots of love

Prerna Avasthi

Volunteer of Joy of Giving initiative