Mobile Apps Development: Getting Started

Posted by Dmitriysmith
October 24, 2017

Before we get into it in details, we would just like to point out that back in 2014, Apple’s App Store generated more than $10 billion in revenue. Just take a moment to think about this. Even though official numbers for 2017 are yet to come, it’s obvious that the number would be substantially higher. However, this isn’t something that should be taken for granted.

In order to successfully develop an application, you’d have to go through an intricate and challenging process. To top it all off, the business itself needs to be able to navigate through this rather confusing process so that it can approve of the app. That’s why we’ve decided to take a look at some of the core foundations in an attempt to make it as simple as it’s possible.

Mobile Apps Development: Phase One

Mobile-Application-DevelopmentOutsourcing the application development can be tricky. This is especially true if you are not on the same page as your current developers. What is more, the market experts are seriously advising to treat your app development project just as any other freelance project and this is something that you’d have to account for.

You would want to go ahead, put down a project brief, come up with an established project timeline and make sure to check in very regularly in order to monitor the progress.

Additionally, there are a few things to consider. When it comes to mobile apps development, here they are:

• Be aware of what you want: Before you get started, it might be a very good idea to go ahead and consider the elements which are mostly essential to the success of your application. What are the goals you are trying to achieve with this application? Is it a part of a SaaS offering or would you be using it for selling your product or service online?
  • Talk to the developer in advance. That’s absolutely critical when it comes to it. Regardless of the means of communication, schedule a time to talk with your developer to ensure that you are on the same page regarding your expectations. Your interests need to be perfectly aligned.

Mobile Apps Development: Phase Two

2-mobile-development-bannerOnce the application is developed, you need to get it approved and submitted. Now, in order for this to happen, you would want to determine whether you want your app in the App Store or in Google Play or in both. If you want to get it in both stores, that’s something you’d have to have foreseen in order to ensure that it is developed properly as there are specifications.

For the App Store, you’d want to use the iOS Human Interface Guidelines, the App Store Review Guidelines and everything associated with them. For Android, you would have to go ahead and follow the Android Launch Checklist. You should take your time to understand what’s needed in advance so that you can make sure that your app is compliant.

Wrapping Things Up

As unfortunate as it may sound to any business owner, mobile apps development is something which will inevitably involve them as well. While it’s an awesome and burden-free undertaking to outsource the entire thing to someone else and handle your business, this is not something that you could afford if you want a stellar outcome. As a matter of fact, you ought to make sure that everything is handled perfectly and that the resulting app abides by your requirements and the nature of your business.