Hello my name is…
Leave it. What would you do with my name? Let’s come to the topic why I am batameez. My parents are godlike for me, but lately they have been interfering in my every decision and I don’t know why.
Let’s come to the basic topics which I actually want to resolve .
- Haircut:-Yup, you read that right. They just want that when I get a haircut, I should only have one inch of hair on my head.“Aise baal kyu katwaye hai kissey dikhaney ke liye ye fashion ho raha hai ,jaye aur jake baal sahi karwaiye. (Why have you cut your hair like that? Who do you want to show this fashionable haircut to? Please go and get your hair fixed.)” All I want to do is ask why.
- Clothes:- Everyone in my friend circle have some fashionable clothes but I can’t buy any because doing fashion is restricted in Islam. People my age wear fancy clothes, but I can’t. Why?
- Don’t be friendly with your sisters:- This is also one point I want to address. As you know, Muslims may get married to their cousins. But do I not have the permission to talk to my real sister?
- Friends:- My father is an inspector in U.P police and whatever he sees, good and bad things, are also implied on me. Like I don’t have rights talk to my friends on phone or on any other messaging apps . I don’t have the right to use my data plan at home and if I do, I can’t use social media. I don’t have right to go anywhere with my friends and I can’t stay with them late at night. I have to be home by 8 pm and I want to ask why.
- T.V and music :- I don’t have right to listening music and watching my favourite shows.
- No pocket money :- People crib about not getting extra pocket money and they are sad ,but what about me? I don’t get even a rupee as pocket money.
- Studies and carrier:- I know education is the most important part of a student’s life, but I just want to know who studies for 24 hrs? I can’t. I know what I want to do, but my parents keep saying, “beta sarkari naukri kr le warna duniya thookegi hampe (Get a government job, or the world will look down upon us.)”
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.