Palampur: A mesmerizing hill station to visit in Himachal Pradesh

Posted by aileenscott604
October 4, 2017

Himachal Pradesh located in North India is regarded to be a state that boasts of having the great and majestic Himalayas. Being mainly a mountainous region, there are several hill stations that are quite popular here with the tourists of all ages and groups.

Visiting Palampur

This place is popular for its tea garden and is located in Kangra District’s Kangra Valley. This place is located within the Dhauladhar range foothills. Palampur is regarded to be a small city that is enclosed by pine forests and tea gardens.

This town does occupy a significance place among the tourist locations that exists in the state. This city is also popular for its abundance of water and mild climate. Its name has been derived from ‘palum’, the local word meaning abundance of water. Moreover, the area that surrounds the town tends to act as passage for different types of streams that move towards the plains arising from Dhauladhar Mountains. There are innumerous streams that flow across the city. The region does boast of having plains on one of its sides and beautiful snow covered mountains of the Dhauladhar Mountains on its other side, the scene of which is really mesmerizing and breath taking.

The snow covered ranges of Dhauladhar and Kangra Valley having lush green meadows is what offers the tourists with the much desired scenic beauty. The mountain remains covered throughout the year.

Climate

This town is located at 1120m above sea level. It is this distinctive location that makes the climate to be mild all through the year. Moderate weather conditions are experienced here. Winters are generally cold (November – February) and summers are mild (April to June). When compared to the other Kangra Valley region, this place does receive heavy rainfall, since it is close to Dharamsala by about 30km. Selecting the right Himachal Tour Package will help the person to enjoy the trip completely.

How to reach

By Road: There is proper road network connecting Palampur with the neighboring regions as well as the other important destinations in the state. Different HRTC buses, including private buses and Volvo can be availed on a regular basis to and fro, from Chamba, Kullu, Pathankot, Dharamshala, Mandi, Jogindernagar, Jalandhar, Chandigarh, Shimla, Delhi, etc. Even tourists can avail cabs and private taxis at fixed rates for checking out the different important places of interesting and sightseeing points.

By rail: There is a station at Palampur, named Palampur Railway Station. It is only 5.3km from the main city. This station is located on the important Jogindernagar – Pathankot narrow gauge railway line. The nearest railway station at Punjab is Pathankot at about 113km away.

By Air: Gaggal Airport, Dharamshala is considered to be the nearest airport here, which is just about 40km distance from Palampur city. This airport has been connected to the important cities like Delhi, Chandigarh and Kullu through regular flights.

Customized tour options are also present that can be discussed with the professional travel agent. It will be also be useful to discuss with the group to maximize the satisfaction level among everyone.