Professional Debt Settlement Consulting –Distinguishing the Good from the Bad

Posted by terrygodier
October 31, 2017

When struggling with overwhelming debts, you may come across several debt relief options, one of which is debt settlement. You may have only a couple of loans that you can settle on your own. On the other hand, you may be neck deep in debts with multiple loans and several lenders making your life miserable. If you are dealing with the second scenario, it would be best for you to hire professionals to assist you.

Here in this article, we will discuss some tips that will help you choose the right professional who can help you to come up with an adequate debt settlement strategy for your business and keep it running smoothly.

Selecting a debt settlement company

There are a lot of debt settlement firms and professionals possessing expertise in various industries. All of them claim to be the best, but you should know that not all of them can provide you the ideal solution. Moreover, some companies charge an exorbitant amount for their services.

On the other hand, a reliable and well-established debt settlement firm will offer you top-notch services in a budget friendly manner. Therefore, appropriate research and careful consideration are required before choose a debt settlement company or professional. You should also read some debt settlement reviews before making a decision.

Attributes you should look for

There are a few aspects you should always note to identify the best debt settlement companies.

1. Experience and expertise – During the recession period when the mortgage industry crashed, many new debt settlement agencies got formed. Many of these do not have adequate experience in properly negotiating for debt settlement. It is important that you ask for the years of experience and the qualification and expertise of the consulting professionals before choosing one.
  2. End to end services – Debt settlement firms do not act as a sales group that hand over your debts to another company in the settlement. You need a consultant who can take you through the end to end process of accurately assessing your debts and identifying the best settlement options to bring you back to the proper financial track.
  3. Fees – A well-established firm may not charge any fee upfront but only bill you after completing their task. Based on the FTC ruling, which came into effect in 2010, debt settlement is not just an ethical business practice, but it has also become a legally valid way to charge the clients for debt settlement services.
  4. Ensure no hidden fees – Reputed firms will not be charging any hidden fees. They will give you precise information about the service charges.

By correctly identifying an ideal debt settlement company which meets the above quality standards, you can rest assured that your professional consultant will work in your best interest. It may take some time for the process to complete, but ultimately it will help you save a lot of money and bring your business back to track.