This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Lotto Online. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

Superenalotto – Italy’s Leading Lottery Game

More from Lotto Online

While it is true that the U.S. Powerball, the Mega Millions and the Euro Millions are among the top lotteries in the world in terms of popularity and size of their jackpots, there are some national lotteries that also rank close to these three. One of such lottery games is Italy’s SuperEnalotto. The SuperEnalotto which was founded in December 1997 is the most popular Italian lottery game. With one of the lowest odds of winning and one of the largest jackpot sizes in the world, it is easy to see why this lottery game is very popular not only among the citizens of Italy but also globally. If you want to see the latest draw results for this lotto game you can find them here.

superenalotto-office

The history of the SuperEnalotto dates back to the 1950s when it was referred to as the Enalotto. However, on the December 3rd 2017, the name was modified to the “SuperEnalotto” by SISAL, the organization in charge of the lottery at the time. Also, until June 30th, 1997, the six winning numbers of the SuperEnalotto were the first numbers drawn during Lottomatica’s Regional Lotto draws. The first numbers of the Lotto draw held in the cities of Florence, Milan, Bari, Rome, Palermo and Naples. The “Jolly Number” was the first number of the draw in Venice. SuperEnalotto is a lottery that has been played in Italy since 3 December 1997.

How to Play the SuperEnalotto

The SuperEnalotto follows a 6/90+1 matrix. Like most lotteries, players participate in the lottery by choosing numbers from a range of numbers. In this case, each player is expected to choose six main numbers from a pool of numbers ranging from 1 to 90. An additional number known as the “Jolly number” is selected after the first six numbers have been chosen. This number is the bonus number which is used to increase the chances of winning and the value of certain prizes.

Of course, as is the case with most lotteries, players can choose their favourite numbers manually – by themselves. Alternatively, they can opt for a Quick Pick which means that their numbers will be automatically generated and selected by the system. The Quick Pick is ideal for new players or players in a hurry to pick their numbers. Players can also choose to play as a team or group. This method of play is known as “Syndicate Lotto Play”. Here, players group themselves and purchase a single ticket. This method of play reduces the overall cost of play especially as the cost per ticket depends on the number of lines played on a single ticket. When a Syndicate ticket becomes a winning ticket, the total amount of the ticket’s winnings is shared between the members of the syndicate. The cost per play is 1 Euro meaning the price of your ticket depends on how many plays you have on the ticket.

superenalotto-tickets

Playing the SuperEnalotto Online

Players of the SuperEnalotto based in Italy can choose to play the game by purchasing tickets from any one of the many authorized lottery retailers in the country. Alternatively, they can choose to play online. Playing online, of course, is not restricted to residents of Italy. Fans of the SuperEnalotto from different parts of the world can participate in the game by purchasing their tickets online via any trusted online lottery service website such as Lottosend.com among others. Playing online is fast, easy, secured, reliable and stress-free.

Winnings and Prizes

Draws of the SuperEnalotto are held thrice per week – Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 8 PM (CET). The first prize, also known as the Jackpot is among the largest jackpots in the world. For a player to win the jackpot, he/she has to successfully match all the six numbers drawn. The odds of matching all six main numbers stands at 1 in 622,614,630. In the event that the SuperEnalotto jackpot is not won, it is rolled over to the next draw. Because of the rolling over of the jackpot – which can be done an unlimited number of times until it is won, coupled with the fact that there is no cap on the jackpot amount, the SuperEnalotto jackpot can sometimes rise to very huge amounts. Also, since winnings are not taxed, this jackpot tends to appeal to a lot of lottery players. However, international players need to seek lottery tax advice relating to their country of origin. Winners of the jackpot can also opt for either a cash lump sum payment or an annuitized payment.

Apart from the jackpot, the SuperEnalotto also has five other prize tiers. The second prize is the only prize affected by the “Jolly Number”. Should a player successfully match 5 main numbers plus the Jolly number, he/she wins the second prize. The odds of doing so are 1 in 103.79 million. Other prizes exist which can be won by matching at least two of the six main numbers.

superenalotto-tickets-shop

The “Superstar Option”

Players can also their chances of winning as well as the value of their winnings by choosing an additional number. For an additional cost per play, players can choose the “Superstar option”. This option lets players choose an additional number known as the “Superstar number”. Players who match this number alone are eligible for a prize of €5. The Superstar option increases the number of prize tiers to eight. Also, this option increases the value of winnings.

Should a player match all six main numbers and the Superstar number, he/she wins the SuperEnalotto jackpot plus an additional €2 million, the odds of which stand at 1 in 56.03 billion. By matching the Superstar number and five of the six main numbers plus the Bonus number, a player wins the SuperEnalotto’s second prize plus a guaranteed €1 million. The amount for the other prize tiers are also increased if a player matches the Superstar number and any number of main numbers

Largest Jackpot Pay-out Ever

The largest SuperEnalotto jackpot ever paid currently stands at €177.7 million ($248 million). The jackpot was rolled over for more than eight months before the mammoth amount was won by a syndicate consisting of 70 players. This record jackpot amount was won on the 30th of October 2010.

However, the largest single win of the SuperEnalotto jackpot was won on August 22nd, 2017 by a single ticket purchased in Bagnone (Toscana). The single-ticket jackpot was worth €147.8 million (US$205 million).

More from Lotto Online

By Anusha S

By Masai School