This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Aditya Singhal. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

What Does It Take For A Dropper To Crack IIT JEE?

More from Aditya Singhal

If there is a profession that most students want to get into after graduation or post-graduation, it is engineering.

One can easily see a majority of the students getting inclined towards the profession and most of them opt for coaching classes in order to crack the entrance. Students also drop a year so that they can give more imp to IIT-JEE by enrolling in coaching, That’s not always the case as there are many students who clear JEE as well as their boards with flying colors.

Here are a few reasons why students may drop a year or two.

• Inability to cope with the pressure.
  • Their aim is only IIT-JEE and they can abandon anything for this career path
  • Their board exam got hampered and neither could they clear the entrance.
  • After class 12, getting enrolled in a new educational system can be stressful for some students.

One has to take on a lot of responsibilities while deciding to drop a year and appear for the entrance exam that all future engineers aim to crack.

How Can A Dropout Crack IIT-JEE?

Although you are only preparing for IIT-JEE, you can’t take the exam any lightly. Unlike the other students who are regular students and continuing with their studies, you have all the time in the world to devote only to your goal and that is IIT JEE. What does it actually take for a dropout to crack IIT-JEE? The answer is simple – dedication.

Let us assume that you have decided to drop out just after your class 12, that is in the month of April. IIT-JEE takes place anytime from April to May. You have 12 months to accomplish your preparation. So, it is the right time to take it from where you decided to drop.

Steps To Prepare

1. Join a Coaching Center: As you will have enough time, join a coaching center that will give you enough exposure to the patterns of questions. With experts mentoring and tutoring you, you will gain knowledge and hone your skills. Being with those who are the experts, you will have access to the best methodology that you can apply. You should clear your doubts and joining a coaching for one year. You will have time to revise at home.

2. Time Table: Schedule two to three hours for coaching, three hours for self-study and one hour for physical activity because you don’t want to make your body and mind dull by studying all the time. Here’s how you can schedule the time table.

• Three hours coaching: When you go to the coaching class, learn as much as you can and make notes of whatever you learn. Don’t forget to clear your doubts so that it doesn’t burden you later.
  • Three hours self–study: Whatever you learn at your coaching, revise that for one hour. After that, dedicate two hours to the lessons from class 11 and 12. Refer to the notes of your school and your coaching. Try to sync the notes and learnings. This way, you will be open to different styles and be able to explore a topic from multiple angles. During your self-study, ensure that you have no one disturbing you.
  • One hour for mind and body: While you know that study is your priority, don’t neglect your body and mind which work together to help you study more rigorously. You can practice yoga or meditation. Morning walk or jogging is also a good idea.

3. Reference Material: Refer to the best books prescribed. There will be a number of them for one subject. Before jumping on any of the other books, try to complete NCERT thoroughly. As you had already appeared for your board, things won’t be too difficult for you.

Other books that you can refer to are the following:

• Books for Physics: “Concepts of Physics” by HC Verma (Volume 1 and 2), “Problems in Physics” by AA Pinsky, “Problems in General Physics” by IE Irodov, “Aptitude Test Problems” in Physics LA Sena.
  • Books for Chemistry: “Organic Chemistry” by Arihant Publications, “Organic Chemistry” by OP Tandon, “Inorganic Chemistry” by OP Tandon, “IIT JEE” by O.P Aggarwal, “Numeric Chemistry” by RC Mukherjee.
  • Books for Mathematics: “Algebra” by Arihant Publications, “Higher Algebra” by Hall Knight, “Vector and 3D Geometry” by Arihant Publications, “A Problem Book in Mathematical Analysis” by G.N Berman.

4. Last quarter revision: Towards the last three months of the year, start revising. Together with the revision, you can solve the question papers. This last phase of the preparation will decide the final temperament of your goal.

5. Eat and sleep well: While studying will be your topmost priority, you need to eat well and sleep well too. Don’t skip your meal and sleep for six to eight hours. There is no harm in sacrificing sleep when you feel it is very important. Good food and tight sleep will ensure your body and mind remain healthy.

More from Aditya Singhal

By Green Canyon CBD Oil Reviews

By Steve Stark

By Zeba Zoariah Ahsan