Youth Ki Awaaz is undergoing scheduled maintenance. Some features may not work as desired.

What Kind Of Disease Is This?

Posted by vardump
October 30, 2017

What kind of disease is this?

I am scared to be alone. It scares the shit out of me. Last week, I had a panic attack – and since then, every time I am alone, my mind goes crazy. I want to be with someone, I want to talk. Please don’t let me be alone. How can I tell this to anyone? “It is no big deal to be alone, after all,” they will reply. Moreover I do not like begging, although in all respects, I certainly am a beggar.

I do not like begging. I do not want to show anyone my medical prescription and then tell them to stay with me. It wouldn’t feel the same compared to a friend who wants to stay with me.

It happened two years ago. I fell into depression. The severity and frequency of panic attacks were quite high. I wouldn’t tell you how I fell into it, as that would be another attempt at begging people to understand and sympathise with me. I do not need sympathy, and never will.

So, two years back, I started taking medicines. Things improved. I got into a nice job and met a wonderful girl. Everything was fine, till recently. The panic attacks started again. Every time it happened, something changed inside me. The range of emotions I could feel lessened. The love I had for the girl decreased. I slowly fell out of love. She was devastated when I told her – “Trust me, I never meant to hurt you. I decided that I want to stay alone forever. After all, I was no longer capable of loving deeply and honestly. This was my second relationship – and the first time I had loved with all my heart. But was it fair on your part to demand that the only conclusion to our relationship should be marriage? Did I ever demand anything more than a good friendship? I did love you, but things changed. You see I could no longer trust myself. Therefore, I could not make that promise.”

So, life came full circle last week. I had another attack. This time, it was different from the other ones. I was dying to be with someone, to talk to someone. I couldn’t – all my friends live far away, and Tinder doesn’t seem to be good for average-looking people like me.

I want be befriend someone – without worrying about marriage in case we become very good friends. Neither am I demanding sex. I just need someone to talk to.

Sex is another aspect of my personality I would like to share. I have been to a prostitute – well almost. I have called several pimps, but I always cancel at the last moment. I don’t give a fuck to what society thinks of me. But I do know that so many girls get exploited because of this profession. I would not like to encourage such a business.

My panic attacks have always been linked with sex. When they happen, it is a mix of arousal and an overwhelming loss of logical control over myself – the extreme desire to do something, even though a meek voice of my logical mind tells me not to. I never asked for it from my girlfriend either. She wanted it after marriage, I understood. I never let my inner turmoil get to her.

So yeah – when such an attack comes, I cannot go to my girlfriend, I cannot go to a prostitute and I cannot tell my heart to let go of the feeling. The result is that I spend endless hours contacting pimps, seeing nudes on google (not even porn – I used to watch porn videos, but then I realised that the industry exploits women, and I stopped), and what not.

Every time, I have managed not to go to a prostitute only at the last moment. But who knows – come the next attack and you may well find me at a brothel! But that very moment, the last inch of respect I have for myself will vanish. I will never be able to look at myself in the mirror.

You see, I want to do philanthropy later in my life. I also do it right now, but at a very small scale.

But analyse this – the person taking people out of their misery is the one who is also exploiting them. A fucking perverted philanthropist, who likes their dick more than they love people!

A few weeks ago, I went out with a group of office friends. I realised that these attacks do not happen when I am with someone.

So yes – right now, I am dying to talk to someone. I cannot stay in my flat alone. It feels like a haunted house. I do not want to face another attack. While I am in office, everything is fine – but on weekends when there’s nothing to do and a lot of time to spare, I hate it.

I will go see my psychiatrist this week. It’s been long due I think. But what will I tell him?

What kind of disease is this?

_

Featured image used for representative purposes only.

Featured image source: Pixabay