Recent government plans and policies have brought about a conducive climate for home buying. The rate of interest on Home Loans have been brought down and there are various schemes which are being provided by the government to help you secure a home. You can use a Home Loan EMI calculator to get started with the basics. With the rainy season just around the corner, you would rather want to shelter yourself under four walls which bear your name than someone else’.
However, when going out on a house hunt, it is essential that you keep certain things in your mind. The groundwork will help you simplify and smoothen the process of owning a dream home. The thing that is bound to hurt the most is ending up in the wrong place due to a lack of research. Here are several tips which will help you wander less and find the most suitable home for yourself with ease without wasting your time and energy:
- The checklist is essential: It is important that you don’t distract yourself with all the options available in the market. Just select what you want. Have a clear picture in your head and go for the same. House hunting will become a tiresome process if you don’t have an idea of what you want. Thus, a checklist, in this case, will help you to stay focused towards what you need and will keep you on the right track. Here are several questions that you must include in your checklist:
- What is the location that you want to live in? Where is it at?
- How far is the distance from the social institutions or your workplace?
- How big is the house you are planning to buy? Is it 1BHK, 2BHK or more?
- What is the market price that is attached to that particular type of house?
- What are the special features that you want to be included in it?
These questions will help you understand what you really need by outlining your requirements.
- Set a Priority: Based on the checklist, prioritise what is essential and what is not. Obviously, not everything that you might have put in your checklist can be fulfilled, thus, use it as a guide to set a priority listed starting from the most important ones to the least important ones. It is advisable that you get pre-qualified for your home prior to your house hunt as it will provide you with a head start in your quest.
- Consult an Agent: Real estate agents are there for a reason. Consult them, talk to them, and get to know about the best deals in town. Agents will work on your behalf and make the task of house hunting less stressful.
- Survey the Neighbourhood: One of the most underestimated aspects of home buying is surveying the locality. This is, by far, an essential aspect when it comes to buying a home. Most people don’t realize this unless they shift to a new place, but it is important that you survey the neighbourhood properly before you decide to move in there.
- Make Notes: There are dozens of houses that you are going to visit within a period of few months as part of your house hunting mission. It is essential that you make notes of each and every sighting. This will be your research work and it will help you to determine which house will fit perfectly in every sense.
These are some necessary steps that you must keep in your mind before you plunge into house hunting. You won’t want to make the process of house hunting a tedious one. Once you are select your dream house then all you have to do is apply for a home loan, you could either apply online or offline.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.