This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by Sachin Rekhi. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

An Apology Letter

More from Sachin Rekhi

Life – it starts with a cry and ends with making other people cry. We enter the world unknowingly, and our first cry brings immense joy to the people around us. Should we look at this reaction as a positive or a negative?

I guess it depends on what we think about it. The positive aspect is that people around us were happy since we came into the world. But if we were to think negatively of it, we could say that they were happy even though we cried as we entered the world.

In our lives, we go through many ups and downs that bring us happiness and sorrow. Still, we have too many expectations from life’s next ride. Why do we expect so much? It’s good to have some expectations, but do we ever think about how difficult it is to measure up to another person’s expectations?

We tend to keep our feelings above all and often consider ourselves to be the most intellectual. There is the beautiful saying, “what goes around, comes around.”

It’s important to understand that there are people who would be willing to be by our side during our bad days, and so we must not forget to stand by them as well. To do this, we need to stop being selfish.

Your own experiences are the best teachers you could ever have, and hard days are the best exams you could appear for. We don’t need to go through life, we need to grow through life. We need to be sensitive, but be humble towards those who are reckless as well.

However, we often tend to misunderstand people. We don’t tend to put enough effort into what messages another person is trying to convey to us. Instead, many times, we tend to blame them for not being able to convey their message to us properly. We don’t see the fault in listening, that we may have.

When we learn to drive, we are taught to understand that we are the only intelligent driver on the road and the rest are not, so that we are completely alert on the road and look at all sides. This means that we don’t have to blame others for not driving well, since they are not capable enough to convey their message. We are taught to understand their moves. But many times, we don’t and then we make a mistake.

We live in such social environment where whatever we do, say or want, we need to consider other people, and that’s when expectations are created. We need to be more communicative and understanding towards other people’s unsaid feelings. We have to make them understand that it is easy to be misunderstood if we stay non-communicative and inexpressive. That’s when we make a mistake.

Our only motive is to bring happiness into our lives that we serve by acting quite selfish. Do we ever think about how many people may be benefitted by it? This thought often gets lost somewhere in the darkness of our huge desires. Fulfilling our desires is expected and accepted, but at the same time, if we don’t pay attention to people who stand by us, we surely would make them feel neglected.

Growth is important, but we often forget to analyse the difference between being materialistic and spiritual. In the process of wanting to achieve more, we actually end up losing certain things that are worth keeping for a lifetime. Wanting to gain everything and lose nothing, we end up losing more and that’s when we realise that we’ve made a mistake.

Making mistakes is a part of life and it’s important that we learn from them. I’ve noticed that there are usually three kinds of people we see in our life:

1. Those who make mistakes in life, but are never able to identify even one.
  2. Those who commit mistakes, but never willing to accept them.
  3. Those who commit mistakes, but are brave enough to identify them, accept them and rectify them.

All we need to identify is the category we fall into and work on ourselves. We need to be honest with ourselves in order to give a new version of ourselves to the world. With this approach, we will surely gain amazing people and relationships to be by our side. By working on ourselves, we’ll also gain blessings that will definitely do us a lot of good in the long run.

1. Shaina Maheshwari

Well tried sachin!!

Must say amazingly elaborated!!

1. Sachin Rekhi

Thanks a lot Shaina
      Means a lot

2. Shachi Nigam

Well written

1. Sachin Rekhi

Thanks Shachi

3. Sachin Rekhi

Team YOUTH KI AWAAZ

Thanks for the feedback, however i would want to know that why the heading of my article was changed from “an apology letter” to something else which i see as a headig now, without updating me.

Who do i need to reach out to delete/remove my article from YKA as i don’t find this website authentic anymore by doing your such act.

Thanks
    Sachin Rekhi

More from Sachin Rekhi

By Soumita Sen

By Shruti Jairaj Singh