Engineering 2018: Preparing for the Race
Engineering is the next preferred course after Medical courses by various candidates across as that is more preferred after 12th Grade Examination. Engineering as field has had a lot of relevance since the inception of the human civilization. Engineering is a practical application of concepts associated with Mathematics and Science. Engineering is an art that would figure out the application of various scientific concepts and how things work.
The role of engineers is to identify and solve various problems. Engineers design, evaluate, modify, install, inspect and maintain quite a wide variety of various products and systems. Engineers supervise manufacturing and construction. Engineering aspirants in coaching institutes are also taught skills relevant to the industries they want to work in.
Any candidate can become an engineer by following the below mentioned steps:
The candidate would have to complete his schooling from the Science stream and Diploma holders can also a degree in the Engineering courses. The candidate after completing his 10+2 from the Science stream and can give various entrance examinations such as JEE Main, UPSEE, WBJEE to mention a few.
Various Branch specializations in the field of Engineering have been mentioned below as follows:
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical Engineering is one of the oldest branches that exists in the field of engineering. It is an application based field wherein mechanical engineers deal with various topics such as Robotics, Kinematics, Fluid Mechanics and other fields. Mechanical engineering is broadly composed of the following topics as detailed below:
- Robotics and Mechatronics
- Rotor Dynamic
- Machine and Plant Equipment Design
- Tribology Fundamentals
- Noise Engineering and Instrumentation
- Civil Engineering: Being one of the oldest branches in the field of engineering, it has been used for construction of houses, dams and highways to mention some of the few of the stuff that civil engineers create, design, measure and build. The Areas of specialization are as mentioned below:
- Environmental Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
The job profiles for civil engineers are as follows:
- Professors and Teachers
- Chief Engineers
- Senior Engineers
- Project Managers
- Mechatronics Engineering: Mechatronics Engineer has the job of uniting the concepts of Mechatronics, Electronics and Computing. From design to testing, every aspect is taken care of by a Mechatronics Engineer. An industrial Robot having aspects relating to electronics, computing and mechanics is an example of Mechatronics work.
Youth Ki Awaaz is an open platform where anybody can publish. This post does not necessarily represent the platform's views and opinions.