This post has been self-published on Youth Ki Awaaz by BillHouse. Just like them, anyone can publish on Youth Ki Awaaz.

International students in USA: The Good and Bad Parts of the Story

Studying in a foreign country, especially USA, might seem wonderful. You get to know more people, you meet new cultures and traditions and you party with your new friends. But, adapting to new life conditions might be stressful and not as expected. Let’s sincerely analyze the story:

You make new friends

Maybe the best part of studying in a foreign country is that you make new friends. The best part of studying in USA is that you meet a lot of people and make a lot of friends from all over the world. We all know that everyone has its own American Dream. Some of them have the courage to pursue it. That’s why almost all youngsters dream of going to USA and some of them succeed.

Meeting new cultures and traditions

Another good part of studying in USA is that, while you meet new people, you also meet new cultures and traditions. You’ll get to celebrate the 4th of July, Halloween and the coming of a New Year in totally different conditions. You can party with your new friends when you take a break from writing your papers.

Dealing with your assignments

Talking about research and writing essays, it might be difficult to deal with them if English is not your mother tongue. Being an international student among national students might be a harsh experience. Sometimes you might not get the help expected (with your essays, for example) and you’ll have to search it externally. There are a lot of companies that offer you writing or proofreading services. The question is: is it worth paying for this?

Adapting to new life conditions

Of course, don’t expect that everything will be flower power. You’ll have to change your living style, to adapt to new time zone, new food and new social and academic norms. It might seem easy, but it’s not as it seems. Nor is impossible. Even though you might experience a lot of stress and fatigue, if you remain positive and calm, everything will slowly fit into place.

Getting a job

Of course, your desire will be to visit all the places everyone’s talking about and to try new experiences. Sometimes, this might appear as a challenge, especially if you do not have enough money. Getting a part time job shouldn’t be so difficult, but you have to take into consideration that the quantity of your spare time will decrease.

Conclusion

The idea of studying in USA is very appealing to most of us. Moving there is a challenge. Although you might encounter some difficulties, the experience will surely be worth it! You’ll meet a bunch of new people, you will try new foods, visit new places and discover yourself. Because, living in USA is a challenge and you’ll have to face it!

Author Bio: Bill Luice lives in USA for 3 years. He is from France and is a student in USA. He started working at a company which offers thesis writing service to foreign students. Because he have faced some difficulties when he moved here, he wanted to help another international students with advice inspired from his experience.

More from BillHouse

By Juwel Chowdhury

By Sheikh